Myspace security

hannahw

Hello

I have a question about myspace. My daughter has registered on myspace and is going to create her own profile. She’s shown me how it works and said that if she posts pictures of herself on there they can only be viewed by other registered users of myspace.

She proved this by visiting her friend’s profile and she had to enter her email address and password so she could see the photos on there.

Does this mean that my daughter will be able to check who has been visiting her own profile? If so, this would be really helpful because then I can be assured that she is using the site safely.

Thanks

Hannah

SirKenin

banned
You can't check who has been visiting, no, but the access is restricted. The only thing is that it's not hard to create a free profile on there so you can view others.

hannahw

But if you have to enter your email address to view someone's profile isn't there a record of which email addresses or users have been looking at it?

Motoxrdude

Yes, but what is to say that they used their email address? They can just do a random one. Also, it takes 2 minutes to create a myspace account. My advice to you: Don't use myspace or any form of an online account meant for socializing. It never brings any good with it, and often times causes a lot of problems.

Nini

Or you can lock your myspace profile so it can only be viewed by your myspace friends.

tlarkin

VIP Member
i really hate myspace, but I do know how it works....

If your account is set to private, only friends (which you have accepted) can view your profile. Anyone else can only see your profile picture and a few lines of information, and then tells you that you must become their friend to view their profile.

There is a huge database of email addresses owned by fox news now (since they own myspace) and they cannot disclose that information to anyone via their policy. However, I wouldn't doubt that they do sell some of it on the side, I mean myspace is a money machine there is no doubt about that.

hannahw

in response to Motoxrdude

So does that mean you can find out the email address or profile of someone that visited your own profile.

Even if it was a fake email I suppose it can be traced which is a good thing if there are problems

Motoxrdude

Umm, no it can't.
You can't see who viewed your myspace. And about 70% of the time, people use fake email addresses on there profiles.
To tell you the truth, fox could careless what people do on myspace, just as long as people continue to visit myspace.

Warriorhazzard

Umm, no it can't.
You can't see who viewed your myspace. And about 70% of the time, people use fake email addresses on there profiles.
To tell you the truth, fox could careless what people do on myspace, just as long as people continue to visit myspace.

True. I recently saw a video on some moms posting some fake pictures. They had received some mature content video from a dirty old bald dude. After getting the video and some of the guys info :mad: they went to the police and after 2 months they havent done anything about it.

It was on video.google.com Myspace is boring :D Just make her make friends some other way (more safer) Myspace is not worth it.

mrgeorgedude

Ya if you are concerned about other people finding your daughters myspace, you have her set it to private where the ONLY people who can view it is her friends. So basically she would have to accept a friend request in order for that person to view her profile.

omgsauce

banned
You would be better off havign her set her profile to private, meaning that only people she selects as her friends can view her page.

Motoxrdude

Setting up your profile to private is pointless. If someone wants to see your myspace, then the whole "private profile" doesn't do anything. I can get past that in 3 seconds as if it wasn't there.

kof2000

i didnt touch my account and then i got two email from myspace saying i'm abusing the account wtf.

hannahw

Hello

It took me ages to find this old post!! My daughter showed me something on her myspace account where a friend posted a message with a link to something called stalkertrack. Apparently this allows people to check who has been looking at their myspace profiles.

The site claims to:

Track viewers who viewed your page and give you their: Picture, Username, Link to their page, and when (date) they viewed your page! The tracker is also invisible to all your visitors, and it's very easy to install, a simple copy and paste.

Has anyone heard of this or know if it works?

Hannah

Itanda

Just trying to tell you if you care for the well being of your daughter dont let her use myspace even if shes in her teens... Not good at all Only bad things can happen...

hannahw

I'm happy for her to use it as long as she's careful and I can monitor it. I don't want to say no to her all the time.

Does anyone know anything about this stalkertrack device?

Hannah

Itanda

No sorry i haven't heard anything about. Does it work though? Have you cheked who has seen her page?