Need a CPU Cooler which matches

BigD3000

As I said, they can be pushed down on one side, and then they need like 0, something inches to reach the holes on the second side... and I've tried to forced em' a lil' without breaking nothin' but then they'll go lose on the good side... :(

Can you post a photo so we can actually see how much your lacking from making the new cooler work? Do the holes actually line up or are they off a little? On a normal Intel motherboard and processor these clips just push down and no force is required to attach.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When you press the clips down, do you hear a click? I still don't think you will get it to work as the holes in the motherboard have threads and standard intel boards don't. So the clips won't do the job correctly.

I would just go back to using your stock heatsink as long as the temps are ok.

BigD3000

Yeah I hear a click on that side

When you press the clips down, do you hear a click? I still don't think you will get it to work as the holes in the motherboard have threads and standard intel boards don't. So the clips won't do the job correctly.

BigD3000

Hmmmm

Well I took the cover of the new one and replace my fan the back of my computer, and it helps a bit , it's a bit better than the one I had, but I would still like to replace my CPU fan :/