Need a CPU Cooler which matches

BigD3000

Hey

I got a HP Pavilion 6-2430eo
But I've upgraded to the AMD A10-5800K APU CPU AND 16 GB RAM
But I need help to find a better Cooler which matches in my Computer...
anyone who can find a better one which matches my pc?
THX !

PEACE FROM DENMARK

beers

Staff member
Anything FM2 should fit, you may want to measure the case if you want to use a tall tower cooler.

FM2 shares the same factor as AM2/+/AM3/+/FM1/FM2/+

Jiniix

The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo: 249kr would be ideal, but it's only 0.8cm shorter than the case is wide, so I wouldn't try it.
The next best value CPU cooler in Denmark is the Coolermaster Hyper TX3: 175kr

BigD3000

The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo: 249kr would be ideal, but it's only 0.8cm shorter than the case is wide, so I wouldn't try it.
The next best value CPU cooler in Denmark is the Coolermaster Hyper TX3: 175kr

So you wouldn't recommend the "Hyper 212 Evo"?
and is the "Hyper Tx3 Evo" a good choice?, better than the one which is bought with the P6-2430eo? and will it keep the "AMD A10-5800K APU CPU" on a good temperature?

Jiniix

I would take the chance with the 212 Evo. I doubt the side panels and motherboard offset is less than 1cm. The TX3 is only ~14cm, so it'll 100% fit.
It's quiet as well - and performs miles better than the one included.
I've used it in a few builds and it's pretty good. You won't find a better alternative unless you go double the price.

BigD3000

I would take the chance with the 212 Evo. I doubt the side panels and motherboard offset is less than 1cm. The TX3 is only ~14cm, so it'll 100% fit.
It's quiet as well - and performs miles better than the one included.
I've used it in a few builds and it's pretty good. You won't find a better alternative unless you go double the price.

I don't mind double the price if it is :)
And you're sure they'll fit in the pc?

I was lookin' at this one: http://www.computersalg.dk/produkt/1099927/enermax-etst40bk-processorkøler-#

Last edited:

Jiniix

Not bad either, but I think it's 16cm tall. Taller than the Hyper 212 Evo by 0.1cm
Dimensioner (B x D x H): 9.3 cm x 13.9 cm x 16 cm
The fan on it is 12 x 12 x 2.5cm, so I doubt it's only 13.9cm tall. Good cooler though.
But I assume you aren't overclocking your A10-5800K, considering your low-end MSI motherboard. The TX3 would be fine then.

Oh, and in the previous post I meant:
I wouldn't take the chance with the 212 Evo.

BigD3000

Not bad either, but I think it's 16cm tall. Taller than the Hyper 212 Evo by 0.1cm
The fan on it is 12 x 12 x 2.5cm, so I doubt it's only 13.9cm tall. Good cooler though.
But I assume you aren't overclocking your A10-5800K, considering your low-end MSI motherboard. The TX3 would be fine then.

Okay so the TX3 will do the trick, not overheating in games and stuff like that?
or should I pay a bit more if I can?

BigD3000

The TX3 is more than enough, especially if you're not over overclocking.

But the TX3 doesnt support FM2... then I cant use right?

BigD3000

Well...

Well.....

I bought the "TX3".... and it will only go down in the other side that will mean "screws" it wont reach all way both sides !! :( ****IN' ****, I attached a picture to show... it's difficult to explain, but I can only get it on half through... Can I buy which is longer?? it's so litttle.......

Attachments

• IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 14

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That part I believe is for Intel cpu's not AMD. If you are using that, then you are most likely gonna have issues.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
To attach to AMD it needs to look like this.

8a7c6025956cdd34258c227cb80c885c_1361408581.jpg

The cooler comes with both types of attaching hardware.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
But what you don't understand is that the screw holes won't align up with the adapter for Intel. You may have to end up going back to stock cooler and sell the tx3