Need a CPU Cooler which matches

BigD3000

But the worst thing it's like the other side, needs soo little, it's like 0, something inches..... its ****t up

But what you don't understand is that the screw holes won't align up with the adapter for Intel. You may have to end up going back to stock cooler and sell the tx3

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Please do not swear on our forum. Even though the filter asterisks it out, still not allowed to do it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That would be the problem with most OEM systems. Most won't allow aftermarket cooling.

spirit

Staff member
The reason for that is generally they don't like you opening up the systems in the first place and also because the only reason you tend to install aftermarket cooling is to overclock - both of which can void the warranty (and most OEM boards don't allow you to overclock your CPU anyway).

So that is probably where your problem lies. If the cooler is useless to you see if you can return it. :(

BigD3000

So you're saying I cant replace my cooler at all??

The reason for that is generally they don't like you opening up the systems in the first place and also because the only reason you tend to install aftermarket cooling is to overclock - both of which can void the warranty (and most OEM boards don't allow you to overclock your CPU anyway).

So that is probably where your problem lies. If the cooler is useless to you see if you can return it. :(

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would say you are stuck. If you put stock heatsink/fan back on you will need to clean off old thermal paste and apply new.

BigD3000

Already cleaned it and put my old back on... I got all the supplies for doing that.. but cant I get those things with the screws on "extended a bit"?

I would say you are stuck. If you put stock heatsink/fan back on you will need to clean off old thermal paste and apply new.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a photo so we can actually see how much your lacking from making the new cooler work? Do the holes actually line up or are they off a little? On a normal Intel motherboard and processor these clips just push down and no force is required to attach.