Need A New Camera

Geoff

VIP Member
This is also somewhat relevant, the first photo was taken with my Canon S3 IS using the full auto mode. The second photo was taken with the Canon Rebel XSi under "P" mode, saved as a RAW, and then edited using Photoshop's RAW editor.

Canon S3 IS - Auto:

IMG_0370.jpg

Canon XSi - P (Edited):

IMG_0371.jpg

Just to show you a small piece of the capability you have with a DSLR.

EDIT: That was just a quick edit, the saturation is a bit high, oh well. :p

Last edited:

MBGraphics

VIP Member
Haha, yeah, LordV is a great Macro photographer.

Go into the lenses section, then go into lense sample archive, check out the Canon MPE65...Simply amazing photos in there.

MBGraphics

VIP Member
Just think OMEGA, With a set of Kenko Extention tubes on your XSi, you can get pics almost that good :p
I'll hopfully be picking my set up pretty soon :D

skidude

Just got the camera today, opened it up and fooled around with it. There are so many settings I have to learn how to use, it's quite intimidating actually.

skidude

Just some quick pictures I took while fiddling with the manual settings. I love black and white, so bear with me :p

Punk

Staff member
I've heard from review websites and from people I know who like photography that Nikon are an amazing company.

Yes, Nikon used to be the diesel of the 80s (bad company) but is now one of the best.

I am fully satisfied with my D40, and I'll probably stay with Nikon for my next cameras.