need advice on speakers

ICMB

recently my speakers and my gaming headset have broken
I cannot decide what I want to get a headset or speakers. In all honesty I would rather get speakers but I do not want to spend copious amounts of money boy i'm willing to use some money but I would like some left over money for a decent cpu cooler.

I have about 200 - 220 $ to spend

Quiltface

how good of speakers do you want you can probably get a decent sounding set of speakers (2.1) for like $50

Perkomate

a good 2.0 set is the Creative GigaWorks T40 series II, i'm looking at getting them. They're around $120 here in Aus and have good sound for the price. They're a 2.0 set, so the bass isn't as good as with a subwoofer, but if you don't have room then they're good

cracker2

Last edited:

Perkomate

might get some of them then. Even though they're more expensive, they seem good.
But would we need a sound card, or would onboard be just fine? Otherwise, all the reviews look good

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
might get some of them then. Even though they're more expensive, they seem good.
But would we need a sound card, or would onboard be just fine? Otherwise, all the reviews look good

Try it without a sound card, and if you're not satisfied then try it with a good sound card. I'm running them with a Xonar D1 and they sound great.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
what is the diff with 2.0 2.1 and 5.1? which is best for gaming?

The number before the period represent number of speakers. The number after the period represents the number of subwoofers. Thus 2.0 speakers have 2 speakers and no subwoofer. 5.1 speakers have 5 speakers and a subwoofer.

For gaming generally 5.1 speakers are best. For music 2.0 or 2.1 systems better.

linkin

VIP Member
a good 2.0 set is the Creative GigaWorks T40 series II, i'm looking at getting them. They're around $120 here in Aus and have good sound for the price. They're a 2.0 set, so the bass isn't as good as with a subwoofer, but if you don't have room then they're good

For $120 you might as well pick up some used ATH-AD700's like I did. They are great for music and gaming.