Need better video card for Dell optiplex 3020

I need a better video card for my dell optiplex 3020
Here is my pc info:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz
290w power supply
Ram: 4gb
Current video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

I dont need an expensive one. just one that will work with my power supply. Or i can upgrade both if you can find one that fits in my case.

Just looking to play games like Spintires, Sims 4, Beamng.drive

Darren

Staff member
I need a better video card for my dell optiplex 3020
Here is my pc info:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz
290w power supply
Ram: 4gb
Current video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

I dont need an expensive one. just one that will work with my power supply. Or i can upgrade both if you can find one that fits in my case.

Just looking to play games like Spintires, Sims 4, Beamng.drive

We need at the very least a budget window if not specific limit. Are you in the US or elsewhere?

We need at the very least a budget window if not specific limit. Are you in the US or elsewhere?

Im in the US. I have a very low budget. To play spintires i have everything i need except my video card is not good enough. I heard fitting video cards into this pc is difficult because of the dimensions of the case. I just need to know what cards will fit in my pc and if they will work with my power supply.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have the slim tower case? If so, about the only card you may fit in there is a 750ti but you'll need at least a 430 watt psu and not sure if you can get that in the sfx or tfx units.

Do you have the slim tower case? If so, about the only card you may fit in there is a 750ti but you'll need at least a 430 watt psu and not sure if you can get that in the sfx or tfx units.
i have the biggest tower that this model came in. i dont have the one thats only like 4 or 5 inches wide.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You have the regular size desktop tower so the power supply will fit. I have no idea if you have 2 slots available for the video card. Can you post a picture of the inside of the case with the video card slot and back of the case so I can see if you have slots available?

You have the regular size desktop tower so the power supply will fit. I have no idea if you have 2 slots available for the video card. Can you post a picture of the inside of the case with the video card slot and back of the case so I can see if you have slots available?
as soon as i get home ill take pics of everything.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Because that card's a beast for being super tiny. I mean... you COULD look at the GTX 970 mini but that's... just well... why? 1070's coming out tomorrow. :p

Darren

Staff member
Because that card's a beast for being super tiny. I mean... you COULD look at the GTX 970 mini but that's... just well... why? RX 480 is coming out in 3 weeks for 2/3rd the price and better performance than the 970 :p

FTFY

Here are the pics you requested.
IMAG0319.jpg fixed pic1.jpg fixed pic2.jpg fixed pic3.jpg

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You do have a video card slot and looks like you have available 2 slots on your case cause that is what the card needs. So you'll have to remove the top 2 covers on the back to fit the 750ti.

I do notice only 1 memory stick though, might want to get another 4gb stick matching speed and timings.

You do have a video card slot and looks like you have available 2 slots on your case cause that is what the card needs. So you'll have to remove the top 2 covers on the back to fit the 750ti.

I do notice only 1 memory stick though, might want to get another 4gb stick matching speed and timings.

Alright . Thanks for all the help!! Ill order the 750ti and the new power source you suggested. I will also look into getting another 4gb stick. How can I find out the speed and timing of the one I have?
Also ive never installed a video card or power source before. Im assuming its fairly easy? After watching a few youtube videos on how to do it I should be set right?