need expert advice on 2 psu's

stiffinger

need expert advice on cpu's

The quality psu's on the market are Antec, Cooler Master, Enermax, FSP, OCZ, PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic, Silverstone, Sparkle, Tagam, Vantec, Verax, and Zalman. It is recommended to make a choice from this group if you don't want to run into problems later on. About 500W should do it. You can calculate it by going to http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/.

Okedokey

The quality psu's on the market are Antec, Cooler Master, Enermax, FSP, OCZ, PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic, Silverstone, Sparkle, Tagam, Vantec, Verax, and Zalman. It is recommended to make a choice from this group if you don't want to run into problems later on. About 500W should do it. You can calculate it by going to http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/.

FAIL.

Half those PSU suck bad and wattage means nothing.

Okedokey

and that makes you right...why?

I agree with ganzey, nothing wrong with recertified

No disrespect was intended, just fact. At 16 years old, unless you were a genius, which I doubt you are claiming, you can only have studied/experienced/observed sufficient electrical and electronic engineering principles for say 4 years? Grade school doesn't count. People spend longer getting their driver's licence, and lets face it year 10 physics is a cake-walk.

Separate from that, recertification may meet all the specs, but I know from my electronic engineering experience of 15 years that when one component fails, it that component was never within proper tolerances. That means system connected components are put under stress too. These are principles that I am studying at doctorate level.

I am not playing the age card here unfounded. At 16 mate even as a deep enthusiast, will only be able to at best understand the theory, as you haven't yet been around long enough for anything else.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
I understand that some recertified are sent back because of manufacturing defects that were "fixed", however quite a few are sent back because they have some surface damage or some kind of cosmetic, not manufacturing, damage, which will have 0 effect on the performance or life of the unit, just on the eyes of the person who sent it back because it looked slightly different.

And recertified generally have the fault found within a week or so lets say, after a few months or years of having it, you can't really send it back and resell as recertified, it is a bit too old there, even if a PSU failing after 6 months is a manufacturing problem (hence warranties). That week of putting the unit under slightly more stress may take what, a couple of months off the life. When we are talking a (provided it is a quality PSU like Silverstone, Corsair, PCP&C or whatever) piece of hardware that will last maybe 7-10 years, it will be outdated before then anyway and a replacement needed, be it because computers require more power in 5 years time, or be it because a 24 pin mobo connector has been changed with a different shape or size, so it isn't compatible with the "average" hardware any more, or for whatever reason, so those few months will have no effect on the actual life that the unit will be used for

Last edited:

Okedokey

I understand that some recertified are sent back because of manufacturing defects that were "fixed", however quite a few are sent back because they have some surface damage or some kind of cosmetic, not manufacturing, damage, which will have 0 effect on the performance or life of the unit, just on the eyes of the person who sent it back because it looked slightly different.

And recertified generally have the fault found within a week or so lets say, after a few months or years of having it, you can't really send it back and resell as recertified, it is a bit too old there, even if a PSU failing after 6 months is a manufacturing problem (hence warranties). That week of putting the unit under slightly more stress may take what, a couple of months off the life. When we are talking a (provided it is a quality PSU like Silverstone, Corsair, PCP&C or whatever) piece of hardware that will last maybe 7-10 years, it will be outdated before then anyway and a replacement needed, be it because computers require more power in 5 years time, or be it because a 24 pin mobo connector has been changed with a different shape or size, so it isn't compatible with the "average" hardware any more, or for whatever reason, so those few months will have no effect on the actual life that the unit will be used for

please source the references for these assumptions.