need help on building budget LoL pc

ninjabubbles3

750 TI is better, unless the 260X is cheaper, then i would go with it.

Also, the Windows 10 tech preview is free, so you may want to use that

Darren

Staff member
Also, the Windows 10 tech preview is free, so you may want to use that

You should stop doing this. It should not be a go to to recommend an unfinished OS. If there's one piece of software you don't want unstable, it's your OS.

spirit

Staff member
You should stop doing this. It should not be a go to to recommend an unfinished OS. If there's one piece of software you don't want unstable, it's your OS.

This. The last three released builds of Windows 10 Technical Preview have been a little unstable - certainly more unstable for me than the first three publicly released builds were. The kernel jump from 6.4 in 9879 and earlier to 10.0 in 9926 and later may have had something to do with that but really you should only use the preview OSes in virtual machines or on a spare machine for testing, not your primary machine unless you fully understand the implications of using a preview OS.

Ninjabubbles, I'm not having a go at you at all, but in the Windows 10 thread you said this:

Half my games dont work with this stupid update.

Both games got updates right before tehy stopped so maybe thats the issue

So there's an example of why you shouldn't really be using a preview OS as your primary OS. Stuff can break quite easily and unexpectedly.

Buying a copy of Windows 8.1 to use on this computer would be a good idea because 8.1 is a great OS and is very stable indeed and when Windows 10 comes out later on this year users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 will be able to legally upgrade to 10 for free, so the investment is definitely worth it. :)

Last edited:

ninjabubbles3

Hmm, i guess thats true.
However buggy it is, its still better than no OS at all, and has better game support than Linux.

Both games had simple solutions to fix them, for LoL it was waiting a week for the next patch, and for TF2 opening it in windowed mode.

Havent tried 10049 yet, but 10041 has been good to me so far

spirit

Staff member
True but please remember that running an unfinished OS on your primary machine is not a great idea and the OS will work differently for different people especially at this stage in the beta testing.

Most people can afford $100 for Windows 8.1 or have their own OS to use.

azurumi

Well about the whole Windows 10 thing , the pc I am trying to build won't be my main computer . My main computer is a 4000$ + build and its another state . But I'm in another state for a long time and don't want to risk shipping it .

spirit

Staff member
Like I said earlier, buying Windows 8.1 is a very good investment at the moment because you get a great OS that is stable and good to use and when the final RTM version of Windows 10 comes out later this year you will be able to upgrade to it from 8.1 for free, so you are effectively getting two operating systems for the price of one. :good:

Honestly, the last few builds of the Windows 10 Technical Preview have been a little unstable so I wouldn't really want to run them on any PC. One bug in 9926 was that sometimes the Start Menu wouldn't open when you clicked on the Start Button. How mad would that drive you after a while?

azurumi

I'm wondering how much cheaper I can go on my motherboard ....I can get the one cisco reccomended for 98 about .
Any one got a cheaper motherboard to reccomend and if so , what would It lack that ciscos has ? 60 bucks motherboard would help my budget a lot

azurumi

Yea I was gonna insure it but..I hear it can take like 3 weeks for you to get your money back even in obvious damage . I can't imagine how I would handle it if it was damaged and I couldn't prove it was there fault ...seems like such a hassle .

Cisco001

Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor.
I'm following Cisco's build . But I'm using a 750 ti , for my gpu.

Get a cheap z97 mobo such that u can upgrade in future.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128727
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157529

Or as this is not your main PC, you may just get a cheap H81 with a small case that it is easy to transport/ use as htpc in future.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157451

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815047
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156324

azurumi

Thanks for your reccomendarions !
Well I finally bought a few parts I think are the more specific parts I need that cisco reccomended ( page 1 ) .

I got the motherboard , zotac 750 ti overclocked (1111), and the rosewill galaxy ( blue ) case ) . I hope it all fits in this case fine , Thats my only worry slight now .=p .

I'm buying the rest of the parts next month.
thank you everyone and especially cisco for knowing exactly what I wanted !. = D

( also , is there a feature in this forum That allows me to give a point or something to cisco for liking his answer a lot ? If so how . , he deserves credit =.) )

Last edited: