Need help on picking laptop under $700

alanuofm

VIP Member
yes. its a 600$ off coupon. its an exclusive offer and ends on 8/24/05 or after 4000 coupons have been redeemed.

alanuofm

VIP Member
yes but this week they already have 34% off taken off of it.

and please look at the specs that i have posted. most of them have been upped for faster bus and way longer battery life. and i threw on the warranty just to be safe.

alanuofm

VIP Member
and trust me you want the larger bus. since it is ddr2, the smaller bus would create a bottleneck between the north bridge and the cpu.

boots_4SW

Ok what I was thinking was get the dc adapter ($70) and not the 9-cell battery and no warranty. That would bring the price down a bit

alanuofm

VIP Member
i highly suggest the warranty incase anything fails (computers are mechanical objects) and the 9 cell is highly recommended for being on the road.

that is the lowest configuration you can use to get 600$ off.

and 910$ for everything. thats a steal. i own an inspiron 9100 and a 600m. they can't be beat. i also built some sweet computers for sale in the for sale section :)

boots_4SW

I was hopeing to spend around $800... If we take off the big battery then it will come out to $810 and that would be great

alanuofm

VIP Member
i dont know if you can get the 6000 to be 800$ unless you put nothing into it. thats why the 600m is for. 906$ is the best i can and here it is:

pentium M 1.6 ghz 533 mhz bus
XP media center edition
15.4inch wide screen
512 mb ddr2
128 mb ati mobility x300
40 gb hard drive
intel pro wireless 2915
9 cell battery
free printer
90 day warranty

the laptop must have an original price of 1499 to get 600$ off and this came out to 1506$

boots_4SW

Ok that looks good to me and i really appreciate the coupons. For the 9-cell is that a spare or the only battery? How soon do I need to use them? do they expire?

alanuofm

VIP Member
boots_4SW said:
Ok that looks good to me and i really appreciate the coupons. How soon do I need to use them? do they expire?

they expire after the 24th of this month or after 5000 redemptions.

if you are really interested in this laptop. i'll type out all the steps to get it that price. it is fairly long. so let me know when.

the 9 cell is a larger battery. you will get a 33% increase in battery life.

boots_4SW

5000 redemptions? I got the steps I was just woundering if you were saying the 9-cell for the battery or a spare?

alanuofm

VIP Member
boots_4SW said:
5000 redemptions? I got the steps I was just woundering if you were saying the 9-cell for the battery or a spare?

it is not a spare. they just use a larger capacity battery. you have to choose the media center edition one to get the discount. plus you have to make sure to get rid of some of the stuff they automatically put for you. for example they automatically give you norton. no need for that. plenty of free virus scanners.

for the coupon code. it is: 28WR3BP9QMLT0F

boots_4SW

Ok it's not a spare... heres what i got
inspiron 6000

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 730 (1.60 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition backup CD
90 day On-Site parts and labor, 90 day phone technical support
15.4 inch WXGA LCD Panel
512MB DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimms
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
40GB Hard Drive
128MB DDR ATI's MOBILITY™ RADEON X300 PCI Express x16 Graphics
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915 Internal Wireless (802.11 a/b/g, 54Mbps)
9-cell Lithium Ion Battery (80 WHr)
=$1457

I didn't make the $1499's so can you plz correct what i'm missing?

alanuofm

VIP Member
hmmm i'm getting a higher price than you for some reason. if i were you i would throw in the dvd burner. you can do a lot with a dvd burner :)