need help with a laptop

martin_95037

hello

there is no introduction page so I will introduce myself. my nam is Martin and I live in Morgan hill, CA a bedroom community of Silicon Valley. I took a hardware and OS class 14 years ago. I can get myself through a basic convastion but I dont get too technical. some of my interests are landscpade deign, ham radio, farming

I have a 9+ year old Lenvono Z565. the graphics card finly gave up the ghost as the monitor that I have does not get signal from the VGA port. I am looking to take the harddrive out, enslave it take the infomration off and put it back in. shame on me for not backing it up.

I have a basic idea of what it is that I have to do, but I dont know what it is that I need to buy. I would like some help with that if at all possible. can the users on this forum help me with that.

thank you

strollin

Hi Martin. We lived in San Martin, adjacent to Morgan Hill for 25 years! After I retired in 2016, we moved to Roseville, CA.

What you need is an adapter like this: SATA to USB Adapter. It will do the trick for you.