Need help with choice for great gaming desktop UK

alexjb

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy (not build) a great gaming desktop computer from eBay.

I have bought Windows 7, a r.a.t 7 gaming mouse, a steelseries qck pad, a Asus 24 inch 1080P monitor (highly recommeneded for gaming) and purchased a microsoft ergonomic 4000 keyboard.

I would like to spend £550 on the desktop but I can stretch to £650.

The problem is, I'm clueless about what specifications are and what to choose, and I have been looking through eBay for hours on end trying to find a great gaming computer, but I have no idea.

I wish to play Battlefield 3 on highest settings

Please can someone have a look through eBay for me and send me a link of a computer that's fantastic at gaming

Thank you so much for this it's really appreciated :)

Alex

Thank cheese, no long post about how buying a PC is stupid. Will put up a build for you. In about a hour, if nobody beats me to the build, lol.

spirit

Staff member
I suppose with the 3570K though he could always later pick up an aftermarket cooler and overclock it?

A 7850 would be great though.

spirit

Staff member
Yeah presumably. Overclocking can help with games.

A 7850 would help more though...

alexjb

thanks for all your answers :) I don't understand much about these but anything that canrun battlefield 3 and games like that on ultra settings would be great :)

spirit

Staff member
A 7850 would be great for you. Not sure if it run at ultra (I don't have the game myself to try), but it will run at high at a good resolution. It's a strong card.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
A 7850 would be great for you. Not sure if it run at ultra (I don't have the game myself to try), but it will run at high at a good resolution. It's a strong card.

The hd7850 is 21% faster then my card and got better drivers. I can play it on ultra with a single hd6870. The hd7850 can play every game on ultra fluently if you stay on a reasonable resolution. I'm playing 1080p.

alexjb

The hd7850 is 21% faster then my card and got better drivers. I can play it on ultra with a single hd6870. The hd7850 can play every game on ultra fluently if you stay on a reasonable resolution. I'm playing 1080p.

Wow - I want/need this card! :)

Please can someone put together a good build with this card please?

alexjb

Thank you both :) Ok I'm about to purchase some parts, just wondering is the hard drive the Ssd ? the faster one? sorry I forgot the name :) thanks :)

spirit

Staff member
Yeah SSDs are faster. If you want my recommendation for one, Crucial M4 or Samsung 830 or OCZ Vertex 4 or SanDisk Extreme. 120GB is a nice size. Usually they're about £80-100 for the 120GB drives.