[need quick answer]Is this a good PSU

pbsk8er03

Ok cool! Thanks. Man I wish that one had nylon sleeving...Whatever that doesn't matter. Thanks a lot im ordering it now!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You can always sleave it yourself ... also, have a look more ... i just now found a quick one so you might be able to do better if you looked more :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Reccomendation depends on the budget. But for me personally, i wouldnt consider anything with less than 30A on the 12V rail, nor less than 16ms holdup time. Extra stuff like dual12V and APFC is nice but shouldnbt be the main consideration. Modular PSU is also a personal preference thing but it shouldnt be the make-it or break-it condition :)

xDarkWizardx

What kind of motherboard do you have? That PSU has a 24 pin power connector for the mobo and your board might need a 20 pin. If thats the case there are several diffrent adapters on newegg.

16 ms stands for 16 milliseconds as far as i know and I thought having a lower response time was a good thing, I'll let Praetor answer that though.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
That PSU has a 24 pin power connector for the mobo and your board might need a 20 pin. If thats the case there are several diffrent adapters on newegg.
24pin PSUs can be fitted to be used on 20pin boards (99% of them come with adapters)

xDarkWizardx

Praetor said:
24pin PSUs can be fitted to be used on 20pin boards (99% of them come with adapters)

Is it the same way for 20 pin PSU to 24 pin mobos?

Most of the PSUs I've been looking at on newegg don't tell you what kind of connector they have or if they come with any kind of an adapter.

Pork Sword

My motherboard is a 24 pin but I just recieved the PSU i ordered at newegg a day early i might add but anyway it has a 24 pin on the PSU and comes with a 24-20 pin adapter Would like to here What Praetor has to say about the 16 ms what is this #refer to specifically. Plz drop me the 411!!! I am PSU stupid