need to know what graphics card i should upgrade to

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by didnotdid, Aug 7, 2018.

1. didnotdid

didnotdid New Member

i currently have this but i really need to upgrade and my budget pretty low at about a 150$ so i really cant afford much i would love a 1080 ti but no way i could afford that lol
    Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R7 240

2. Intel_man

Intel_man VIP Member

what is the rest of your system spec? Especially the PSU. Don't want to recommend something your current build won't handle without further purchases.

Other than that, with your price point, you may be able to find a deal on a 1050 ti. GPU prices are starting to come back down again, so keep a look out on one for sale and you might see them at the $150 range.

3. didnotdid

didnotdid New Member

Radeon Software Version - 18.3.4
    Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
    Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R7 240
    Memory Size - 2048 MB
    Memory Type - DDR3
    Core Clock - 600 MHz
    Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
    System Memory - 8 GB
    CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor

4. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

We still need to know what the exact model of power supply you have.

5. didnotdid

didnotdid New Member

I’m sorry I don’t know what you mean by power supply

6. johnb35

The power supply is what delivers power to your computer. Similar to this one. You'll need to open the side of your case and look to see if there is a model number listed on it. Is it a store bought pc or custom built one?

psu.jpg

7. didnotdid

didnotdid New Member

I should state that the computer I’ve built was all ready started on when I received it I got it from a auction palet and added the
    well here’s the thing I buy actuion pallets a lot and I got the computer out o one of those so idk

8. johnb35

As I said, you'll need to open the case and look for a model number or have someone that knows about computers physically help you. Without knowing what power supply you have, we can't possibly recommend what video card to get.

9. didnotdid

didnotdid New Member

I’ll check when I get off today

10. Deerling7

Deerling7 Active Member

For a brand new card look for 1050ti's. If you aren't scared of trying a second hand card you may be able to snatch a RX 480, RX 580, or GTX 1060 on Ebay or something.

The 1050ti is also pretty easy to install, just pop it in, no power connectors or nothing.