need urgent help

My new computer was up and running fine, I was runing a few benchmarks on crysis ahile monitoring the temps about 10 minutes ago, all of a sudden the cpu temp jumped upto 100c and the computer shut down. Now when I try to power up my computer it posts then turns back off. Is it possible that the cpu fan died and the cpu is just taking time to cool down or do I have a serious problem????
 
Which ever the case you are in trouble. When you say the temps shot up do you mean it was a sudden jump? If so then your cpu or mobo have serious issues. Have you tried opening up your case to see if the cpu fan turns on when you boot the computer? If it doesn't then there is your problem..
 
:confused:What is Crysis?

Is the fan plugged in its proper post? Is it controllable via the BIOS? > check here and see if it is running at full or variable speed. Let your CPU cool down.

You might want to check to see how much dust is within the unit-that helps a lot!
 
Google will probably reveal the answer, but I don't know what it is. My guess...a
configurator (like TweakUI?) that makes your sis(tem) (<sp.) cry
for mercy???

Let me check google, and I will report back to you when I get the answer.
 
excerpt from WIkipedia.com...

Crysis is an award winning science fiction first-person shooter computer game developed by German video game developer Crytek and published by Electronic Arts, and is the first game of a planned trilogy.[4] It was released on November 13, 2007 in North America, November 15 in Australia, November 16 in Europe and November 23 in New Zealand. Well-received by critics, sales were initially slow as early NPD figures were taken as a sign that the game had flopped;[5] however, EA has recently reported being happy with sales, reporting that the game has sold over 1.5 million copies world-wide[6]-now I know...but why would a shooting game take up so much CPU and memory manpower?

You mentioned benchmark testing while running this...how could you do this in a game? Is it kind of like the testing Vista does to see if it's able to run on a certain machine or is it a utility?
 
Crysis is the single most power hungery game out there. I would be willing to say that 50% of all american computers can not handel the game. Many people do benchmaring while running the game because of the high demands of the game. In order to run on max settings for everything I would say your looking at atleast a 1200$ build.
 
Crysis is the single most power hungery game out there. I would be willing to say that 50% of all american computers can not handel the game. Many people do benchmaring while running the game because of the high demands of the game. In order to run on max settings for everything I would say your looking at atleast a 1200$ build.

make that 75% of all computers. It has benchmarking tools in the game. Similar to counter strikes sources video stress test. And it would be more like $2,000 - 2,500 to run it playable on very high.
 
Last edited:
What are the specs for the system you're having problems with? Also, what voltages and settings do you have set in your BIOS?

IMO, it seems like your CPU fan may have failed and caused your system to shut down after hitting the TJMAX, but it's really hard to say without more specifics.
 
OK i have:
Intel E8500
Asus p5n-d
9800gtx x2
4g kingston hyperx 800

I have not OC'd at all.

I removed the heatsink and re-applied the thermal paste and it seems to be running better. Under load (playing crysis) the temp reaches about 58-60. is that normal?
 
Back
Top