Netbook vs. Tablet

paulcheung

Pages for iPad with a bluetooth keyboard exceeds Word in every area And it syncs between any device with Pages/iWork. And if you're going with a full Office suite Keynote is unmatched.

Word is the absolute last word processor I would ever use, and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

Why would the OP want to carry ipad and a KEYBOARD? that would defeat the purpose of easy carriing, don't it.

spynoodle

I would probably go with a netbook. Something like an Asus Transformer would also work, but a netbook would generally run a bit faster anyway. Just make sure to get a good one, though. I wouldn't buy an Acer if my life depended on it. :p

turbodiesel

always depends on what you want to do

probally netbook because it actually has a keyboard unlike tablets where you can barely type

speedyink

VIP Member
Unfortunately, I use Office 2010 every day for work.

I use Publisher 2010 on a daily basis...best sign making software I've used. Word I use a hell of a lot less nowadays, but my only on going gripe I've had with it is the automatic lists. Other than that it does as it should.

Last edited:

strollin

An almost $1,000 ultrabook? Are you kidding? Nothing like overkill for the OP's intended purpose.

Mishkin

Acer Aspire One D257-13450

CPU - Intel Atom N570 (1.66Ghz dual-core)

Memory - 1 GB

HDD - 250 GB

Like I said, it was $250 at Walmart. It's an Acer, but it has performed great for me so far. (~6 months) The only minor gripe I could come up with would be all the bloatware that came pre-installed on it. That's easy to fix though, and is unfortunately common for most brands.

RyanPianesi

I know this isn't related to the thread, But I have the same model..Can you tell me the temp that the cores are running at via RealTemp/Speedfan..Just want to see if my temps are common with the rest.

Mishkin

I know this isn't related to the thread, But I have the same model..Can you tell me the temp that the cores are running at via RealTemp/Speedfan..Just want to see if my temps are common with the rest.

From Speedfan:

HD0: 35C
Temp1: 48C
Core0: 55C
Core1: 52C

mattobrien$

Galaxy Note memory(RAM) problem

Hi everyone, been surfing throughout the forums that relates my problem about my phone but i have not found one so I just created one thread for this one.

My main concern is that, my phone eats more memory(up to 80-90%) without running any app. For basic solution, I just run the task bar and kill/stop the tasks and returns to 40%-50$ of memory usage.

Just wanted to ask if what really is the problem regarding the usage of memory without running any apps? anyone could answer?

Thanks!

Davis Goertzen

To be honest Matt, your question has almost nothing to do with what the thread is about. So, people who would be able to help you won't be as likely to see your question as if you make a new, separate thread, which is what I'd advise doing. :)

mattobrien$

To be honest Matt, your question has almost nothing to do with what the thread is about. So, people who would be able to help you won't be as likely to see your question as if you make a new, separate thread, which is what I'd advise doing. :)

I'm sorry, just pulling a question though. Anyway, thanks for the tip.