New 780I boards

colt1911

I read an article on Tom's hardware that Nvidia would be releasing the 780I series chipsets in Nov. Has anyone else heard any rumors about these new chipsets?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
This is suppose to be a 780i DS5 picture
780SLI-DS5s.jpg

colt1911

I wished , I 've been thinking about trying a Gigabyte board . Lately I've read alot of good reviews especially on the P35.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Get this, i am :p

That is if you were thinking about dishing out that kind of money for a 780i...

but i expect it to be a few more months before release

colt1911

I just read an article as to where the 680I chipsets will not be supporting the 45nm quads as stated earlier due to conflict between Intel and Nvidia. I have the 680I board and was all set to upgrade to the Q9550 and 2 8800gt cards , but as of now I'm through with SLI and I'm also through with nvidia chipsets. If anyone can suggest a good overclocking P35 or X38 please let me know.

colt1911

Yeah , alot of people are really pi**ed at Nvidia right now. People that did their research on these boards were told that they would support the 45nm quads and now at the last minute there changing the story. I for one think that the 680I manufactures should step up and make this work.

Massios

From what I've heard the 780i is just a bios revision for 3 way SLI.
You're better off getting a 680i for less money when the 780i's come out.

Who knows though, the 7 series could be a surprise.

colt1911

From what I've heard the 780i is just a bios revision for 3 way SLI.
You're better off getting a 680i for less money when the 780i's come out.

Who knows though, the 7 series could be a surprise.

I already have a 680I board that's what I mad about because they will not be supporting the new Intel quads as we were told they would.