new build

Because they're more expensive than what you need. Just go with a motherboard that has integrated graphics so you don't need a separate graphics card.

^ There you go ;)

If you get one of the mentioned (which are already about $30 more expensive than regular mobos with integrated video), you will need to buy a separate video card.

Basically, you'll have to pay at least ~$60-70 extra if you get one of those. But I mean, if you don't have a budget or that's within your budget, go ahead. I was just trying to make it cheaper. :)
 
Last edited:
I see the Intel DG33BU-WB has both audio and video.Would that work.Don't know how that would compare with other boards.
 
The boards that Intel itself makes are generally overpriced with spartan features. You were spot-on with the chipset, though; any budget-oriented Intel box should utilize a G31/33/35 northbridge.

You might also consider an AMD system. They are currently dominating the budget segment (as they have always done).
 
Thanks for the reply; I am going to try and send a list of components now to see what you think.I know I still need a MoBo with graphics and sound to go with what I have listed so any help there would be appreciated:

LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model iHAS120-04 - OEM
Item #: N82E16827106263

$23.99

Sunbeam Silent Storm IC-SS-SVBK Black/Silver Steel ATX Mid
Tower Computer Case - Retail
Item #: N82E16811166030

$49.99

SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/
2000/ XP - OEM
Item #: N82E16821103116

$15.98
($7.99 each)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA
3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Item #: N82E16822148230
$44.99

Antec earthwatts EA430 430W ATX12V v2.0 Power Supply - Retail
Item #: N82E16817371006


$30.00 Mail-in Rebate $69.99
$59.99

Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
(PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR800D2N5K2/2G
- Retail
Item #: N82E16820134117
$39.49

Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core
Processor Model BX80557E2180 - Retail
Item #: N82E16819116052

$69.99

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 64-bit English 1pk for
System Builders DSP OEI DVD - OEM
Item #: N82E16832116483
$89.99
Subtotal:$394.41
 
I was thinking since the Vista 64 bit is the newest version I could upgrade the ram.Wouldn't the 64 bit be a btter system for the near future? I am still searching for a MoBo but there are so many it is a little confusing for a computer illterate LOL Just not sure what to look for with the list I have so far.
 
Dude who are you? Steve Jobs? Haha jk Did you try Vista on that computer? If so you might want to try upgrading/adding more RAM. You need at least 2GB of DDR2 to run Vista, but once you have the hardware, I find the features pretty nice. As for the computer that is a very good price for that build. You just might want to consider adding 2 more gigs of RAM. Especially with the 64-bit, you need a little more.
 
Not going with Vista I am going to try and stay with Xp Pro.I do see some at around $87.00 but they say they are academic version which I am not to sure of.Still need help with a MoBo to go with above build with XP Pro.
 
Back
Top