b3atofang3l

ok. so you would support 8800GT 2?
ok. i read the review and it seemed that the 8800GT is pretty good

i got a question though

HD3870 is DX10.1 and Shader 4.1
8800GT is DX10 and Shader 4.0

is 8800GT future proof (3 years)?

Narzinor

yeah, some gamers still use DX8.soemthin rather than 9 or 10. although support and ability to play games in that is getting lesser and lesser. so it should be fine to get a DX10 part and not have to worry about it for a while. DX10.1 isnt even out yet, and comes with vista SP1.

maroon1

DX10 and DX10.1 are useless

The current video cards are not powerful to play DX10 games. You can't play Crysis on DX10 on very high setting at high resolution even if you get two video cards in SLI or Crossfire

Second, there is almost no difference in terms of image quality between DX10 and DX9

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
obviously you havn't played crysis in DX10 and DX9, you will find that DX10 is a difference.

I will say DX10 is worth it.

bigl2007

pci express 16x or pci express 2.0

i didnt want to make a new thread so i said i would post here and ask this question im seeing alot of stuff about 2.0 on motherboards and stuff and its confusing me cuz i would like to build a pci epxress 16x system someday

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
i didnt want to make a new thread so i said i would post here and ask this question im seeing alot of stuff about 2.0 on motherboards and stuff and its confusing me cuz i would like to build a pci epxress 16x system someday

If its a PCI-E 1.0 card, it will work on a 2.0 motherboard. If its a 2.0 card, it will work on a 1.0 motherboard. Vice versa

bigl2007

oh ok thanks

is there a ny talk about a faster pci express then 16x or should i just get build a 16x machine instead of wait for better stuff to come out

hermeslyre

VIP Member
That's what PCI-e 2.0 is, a doubling of the bus lanes to achieve twice the bandwidth. PCI-e 2.0 is a 32x lane bus, Pci-e 3.0 (yet to be released) is a 64x lane bus.

If you got the cash, try to go with a 2.0 board.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
^

I have one too and I have to say it is great. I can run COD4 MAXED at 1440x900 with the rig in my sig.

Crysis though I can only play with a mix of medium and high with good FPS.

Definately a card you should consider!! ;)

b3atofang3l

dam it..this is a hard decession HD3870 or 8800GT...

To Ramokk: my native res is also 1440x900, so if you can run COD4 maxed..thats pretty good for me..