New parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ku-sama

banned
bah... I cant be bothered with this anymore.... I'm going to put 80% of my paychecks into paying off this rig:

eVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P4 750W ATX12V 750W Power Supply - Retail

OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2N10662GK - Retail

eVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600 - Retail

$1,819.60

reason for the 6600 is because I'm going to get the 1333MHz FSB Quad core processor when it comes out yet still have some power...

Will be ordering this soonish... but depending on how soon, i might get the R600

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
bah... I cant be bothered with this anymore.... I'm going to put 80% of my paychecks into paying off this rig:

eVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P4 750W ATX12V 750W Power Supply - Retail

OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2N10662GK - Retail

eVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600 - Retail

$1,819.60

reason for the 6600 is because I'm going to get the 1333MHz FSB Quad core processor when it comes out yet still have some power...

Will be ordering this soonish... but depending on how soon, i might get the R600
Same motherboard I ordered :)

Maybe you should just get an x1950XT to hold you over for a month or two until the R600 comes out.

Ku-sama

banned
well, thats what i said, I wont be buying this for a month or two.... I'll probably SLI the 8800GTXs... or if the R600 is so great I'll get it..

Geoff

VIP Member
well, thats what i said, I wont be buying this for a month or two.... I'll probably SLI the 8800GTXs... or if the R600 is so great I'll get it..

If your going to wait a month or two, then I would buy the R600 because I think its going to be out in a few months.

And if you're not buying it for a while, why did you update your sig already? lol

Saurian

Just wait and hold onto your money. See what gets shaken up. Plus, do you NEED a 680i? The 650i should begin to appear here soon after the buzz of the 680i dissipates. The 650i will still be better then the old 590, and should overclock pretty damn great still as well, for likely 1/2-2/3 of the price of the 680i. They'll even have a non-sli version taht will come out eventually.

Ku-sama

banned
I'm planning on getting SLI 8800GTX's, or 8900GTX's if/when they come out, or if I can find a nice add crossfire mobo then ill get crossfire R600s

Geoff

VIP Member
IMO, a single R600 video card will outperform SLI'd 8800's, but we'll have to wait and see.

In the mean time, change your sig back!

Grey410

Rig NOT in the sig! =)

[-0MEGA-];504123 said:
IMO, a single R600 video card will outperform SLI'd 8800's, but we'll have to wait and see.

In the mean time, change your sig back!

Lol I think he just likes having the sig that way.

As for the system. I've decided against upgrading my vcard atm you might consider the same. Here's why. I'm running 1680x1050 on my 37" HD LCD with 2X AA and 8XAF with VSYNC ON and getting an avg of 60FPS in Fear Combat with it never dipping below 37FPS. Soooo until a new game comes out that I can't run I'm saving my $. The whole Minimum FPS thread made me think do I REALLY NEED 90FPS? heh No I don't. Now my roommate who also bought a 37" HD LCD has a 7600GT so I'm betting he gets the 8800GTS or 8800GTX now. He's running an opty 165 so I'm going to suggest the GTS. Just sharing my thoughts/view. But good luck with your build I think you will be happy with whatever you do. :p

Saurian

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6300
Mobo: Gigabyte 965P S3
RAM: G-Skill 800Mhz CAS4 2.0v 2GB (2x1GB)
Video Card: MSI 8800GTS

Total Shipped: 962 Dollars.

Now, you're missing a Power Supply here. This Xclio should be perfectly fine in a system such as yours, no need to spend 40 or 50 dollars more on more power that you don't need, especially with a GTS only needing one power connector anyways. Now, this WOULD put you 60 dollars overbudget. But, when you're talking about dropping a thousand dollars - that 60 dollars represents going overbudget by 6%, perfectly within boundaries of acceptability.

This system is fairly well balanced, and would run good. 800Mhz ram, CL4, should give you room to overclock the E6300 a bit. The S3 is able to provide that overclockability, at a good price. The G80, well, leave it to itself, it'll do fine. Now if you wait, buy your time - you might be able to find deals. Hell, with this deal right now you'd get Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter for free with the E6300. That's a 40-50 dollar game...hell, you could probably sell it right now for 20-30 bucks and make some money back. Plus, you have your old components to sell and recoup losses on. the components your girlfriend's computer is getting rid of, or else maybe she doesn't NEED that DFI lanparty board.

Just remember, do it once - do it right. You seem to like to buy something, then misthink, get rid of it, and then start over again. Gotta be patient. I make the coin that I could go ahead and go finance off of Newegg a pretty damn powerful computer right now if I wanted to. E6600, Evga 680i, GTX, etc etc. I'm patient, I wait, and I plan and plot. You also planning to attribute 80% of paychecks towards paying this off? Bad move. You don't want to overextend yourself financially. I would say no more then 50% or so of paychecks should be considered "bills", which financing a computerwould be a bill. That other 50% should be for rainy days, and just spending on the old lady.

Just trying to help you out. You probably don't want to listen, but someday you will. :)

Ku-sama

banned
i have no bills, my grandmother said that she's going to put me under her insurance, I sold my Miata to save up a little more to get a better maybe newer car and in the meantime I'm going to be driving my dads 250HP S-10 :D so I'm paying all of $98 a month for everything i need.... I have no expenses to say the least...

and like I said, this will be in about 2 months or so... so i'll probably be looking at a nice Crossfire mobo and two R600s or two 8900GTXs...

MasterEVC

Just wondering why you need such rediculous stuff? What you have now is more then sufficient for what you do with it ;)

Ku-sama

banned
like oblivion in 1600x1200 with full AA and ASF? how about Crysis when it comes out? your just jealous :p

MasterEVC

like oblivion in 1600x1200 with full AA and ASF? how about Crysis when it comes out? your just jealous :p

I cant justify spending that much just to play games at a really high resolution, to me it just sounds like braggings rights thats all. I can play anything out there perfectly. My next upgrade and probably last for a while will be a 19" or 20" widescreen LCD.

Jealous? Nah. Wait till you get a taste of the real world and you wont be able to throw money away on computer stuff every few months.:p

Saurian

Jealous? Nah. Wait till you get a taste of the real world and you wont be able to throw money away on computer stuff every few months.:p

Exactly. :)

1600x1200? You have a 22-24" LCD panel, too? Or going to be ordering one?

Honestly, a GTS should be able to easily run Crysis, and can easily run Oblivion at that resolution. Only extreme resolutions really need more horsepower. 1600x1200 is starting to get "big". But still isn't "huge". Plus, remember that a GTS overclocks to *almost* GTX speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.