• CM Storm Stryker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corsair Graphite 760T

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Something Else!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Laquer Head

Building a new rig soon with a buddy and kinda looking at 2 full tower choices.

CM Storm Stryker (Used one before, been around a long time, love this chassis)
cm storm.jpg

or

Corsair Graphite 760T (Never used one, saw one in person and it looks terrific and well equipped)
corsair 760T.jpg

Open to other suggestions, but I think we are set on one of these 2 bad boys!

beers

Staff member
What do you look for in a case?

I built a system with a Corsair Air 540 for my dad, if was building again then would roll with that. :p

Laquer Head

What do you look for in a case?

I built a system with a Corsair Air 540 for my dad, if was building again then would roll with that. :p

I do like that chassis alot actually!

Looking for rad room, lots of flexibility, space, nice looks

spirit

Staff member
NZXT is my preferred manufacturer, H440 is wicked but it's mid-tower (big though). Maybe look at the Phantom but the styling may not be everybody's cup of tea. Given the options in your post I'd choose Corsair every time over anything Cooler Master!

spirit

Staff member
I am leaning towards a white case
Yeah I was a bit 'ohhhhh is it a good idea?' at first, then it arrived and I thought 'shit, should've gone with black'. Then I started putting the components inside it and I was like 'YES BRO!' :D

23621237269_016561e7d9_b.jpg

23363588814_ebd387fa35_b.jpg

White is the 'new black'. Very sexy!

People will tell you that it'll go yellow and it will get dirty but mine looks fine so far and asking people, including Darren, who have owned a white case for longer than I, proved that actually they're non-issues.

Darren

Staff member
I've had zero yellowing with mine and it's been in use for 3 years now I think. Biggest problem is black marks I get from dropping my 360 controller and speakers on it. :p

The rubber grommets basically disintegrated though, but I think it looks cleaner without anyway. I transport my computer pretty regularly between dorm/apartment/parents and it's held up great. Even survived a foot or so drop and didn't break any components except a plastic clip. :)

spirit

Staff member
Pretty sure you can put a dual 120mm radiator in the top of the H440.

6042_27_nzxt_h440_mid_tower_chassis_review_first_case_to_score_top_marks.jpg

20-Inside.jpg

Razer-H440-Top-Panel-No-Cover.jpg

That's what you're dealing with in the H440.

If you need remove components a lot, notably the PSU, then the H440 may not be the case for you and something without with PSU shroud like a Phantom might be better. The PSU shroud is lovely because it hides all of those ugly cables and makes the machine look so clean but I can imagine it being a bit of a pain if you need to quickly remove a power supply.

Laquer Head

Thanks for the info and pics!!

I'm still contemplating the Corsair options also, I like both the 760T and the 780T quite a bit!!

Darren

Staff member
Thanks for the info and pics!!

I'm still contemplating the Corsair options also, I like both the 760T and the 780T quite a bit!!

I've heard good things about pretty much all Corsair cases. I built a machine in a 400R once. Boring, but had some cool design features and seemed well made. Don't let us blind you too much with fanboyism. :D Cases are largely a personal decision as long as you aren't buying a crap $40 box. I just really like NZXT stuff because of the styling and they're well made considering the price they are. I still think my Phantom is the best looking computer I've built and the styling that NZXT uses ages very well. They've also made some improvements over the years. I built in a NZXT Noctis (similar to H440) and it was definitely a step up from my Phantom 410 in a lot of ways but fairly similar in pricing when new.

Laquer Head

My buddy got a bright red NZXT a few years back.. it seemed nice for sure!! Just not my style or color! Cant remember what series it was though..it was 2012 era

spirit

Staff member
Corsair have always made very nice cases. I've never actually used one for a build of mine but I have recommended them to plenty of people. I loved the looks of the 600T and it looks like this 760T carries some of that over. It looks like a really nice case. Very sleek and modern. I think I'd choose it over the Cooler Master you mentioned. I think @Geoff owns one of those CMs and it sounds like you've had experience with it too.

God, the 600T came out in 2010! Barely seems like yesterday!

Laquer Head

Corsair have always made very nice cases. I've never actually used one for a build of mine but I have recommended them to plenty of people. I loved the looks of the 600T and it looks like this 760T carries some of that over. It looks like a really nice case. Very sleek and modern. I think I'd choose it over the Cooler Master you mentioned. I think @Geoff owns one of those CMs and it sounds like you've had experience with it too.

God, the 600T came out in 2010! Barely seems like yesterday!

No kidding