New Xbox revealed!

tech savvy

In 5 minutes, Microsoft is revealing there next generation console on Xbox Live. I have it up on my Xbox waiting for the show! Just thought I'll bring it up for people that didn't know.

Lets see what Microsoft has to bring!

Edit:

Well, the name for the new Xbox is "Xbox One", and it looks amazing!

Voice activated, voice recognition, snap mode, switch mode, skype....The software alone is just amazing. PS4 didn't show much on it's reveal, but I hope it has at least half the software the Xbox has.

The hardware is about on par as the PS4, but I got to say, the games showed looked really good. I really think the software is going to make the Xbox One stand out, BIG time!

Launch date...Sometime this year!

Side note. Microsoft said 'Call of Duty' franchise, will launch all new content on 'Xbox One' first before any other console.

Last edited:

tech savvy

Yeah thanks for he HTPC Microsoft.

I doubt your HTPC can do what the 'Xbox One' can, lmao! Did you even watch the reveal, because with a comment like that, I doubt it.

But really, isn't that what we all want, an all-in-one console? Don't have to worry about switching from one device to another. I really think it's great that it has all them nice features, you get more for my money.

Rit

Pff... at best it's a HTPC from 5-10 years ago... Same old crap wrapped up in a different designed box.

WeatherMan

I doubt your HTPC can do what the 'Xbox One' can, lmao! Did you even watch the reveal, because with a comment like that, I doubt it.

But really, isn't that what we all want, an all-in-one console? Don't have to worry about switching from one device to another. I really think it's great that it has all them nice features, you get more for my money.

No I don't want an all-in-one console, that's what a PC is for.

salvage-this

I watched it, start to finish.

It is nice. I can appreciate the design, fluidity and concepts that Xbox One showcases. The problem that I have with it is I do not like some of the new features that it has to offer. Maybe It is just my mindset that if I want it I will make it the way I want. I am happy that I do not have to shout at my PC whenever I want MWC to play a file. What if I have friends over? Music on? Games? I just think that if you find the right person that wants everything in one box and they like the interface, then it will be awesome. However for most users it is just more than what (to me) an Xbox should be. If you announce that there is a new gaming console and gaming was not what was really focused on when it was announced it seems like they are trying to change what the Xbox was made for.

The reveal looked more like a Windows 8 XBMC reveal rather than a gaming console.

tech savvy

No I don't want an all-in-one console, that's what a PC is for.

Lmao, consoles are computers, just scaled down in size.

The Xbox One is more simplified, and ease of use then a PC. Also, consoles bring more games, and a bigger online community then PC's.

Truly, I think we got some bias people here. I really don't see why ya'll hating on the Xbox, when it clearly brought innovative software/features that we will all use, abuse, but not appreciate?

Come on people, you really think you can do better?!? I thought so, because if you could, you wouldn't be here talking smack!

Rit

All the crap they were talking about with their games is the same thing... I was laughing soooooo much during the COD presentation... Dogs.. leaning... sliding... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

PohTayToez

All they really showed off was the media center features. Don't get me wrong, if it works like they showed I'm actually really excited for it, but I feel like the gaming aspect of it was all show and no substance. Seriously there was no in game footage and they didn't talk about XBox Live at all, didn't go into detail on any specs or anything at all really. It felt like more of a teaser than a reveal.

salvage-this

All the crap they were talking about with their games is the same thing... I was laughing soooooo much during the COD presentation... Dogs.. leaning... sliding... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yep. I saw the animation of the dive and going over the wall and I thought, didn't BF3 do that already?.

All they really showed off was the media center features. Don't get me wrong, if it works like they showed I'm actually really excited for it, but I feel like the gaming aspect of it was all show and no substance. Seriously there was no in game footage and they didn't talk about XBox Live at all, didn't go into detail on any specs or anything at all really. It felt like more of a teaser than a reveal.

Exactly. The only thing that I was really excited about was the new game engine. It did look good.

Last edited:

Rit

The new game engine helps their case, but their new '15 exclusives' better step it up or it's just a dolled up version of the xbox 360.

salvage-this

The new game engine helps their case, but their new '15 exclusives' better step it up or it's just a dolled up version of the xbox 360.

Even if it is a dolled up version of the 360 it's about time. In PC hardware years It's pretty old.

wbt50

To be honest I don't understand why Sony and Microsoft are so obsessed about making game consoles 'All in One Entertainment units'. I'd say over 90% of the people who have consoles, have some sort of a computer in the house which pretty much does all these 'added' features.

I'd rather see the PS4 and Xbox One stick to gaming. I don't see any added features a bonus my self. I'd rather they spend more development time on hardware and improved gaming capabilities.

Aastii

VIP Member
I expected little, I received little, so it was average at best. I will wait for E3, but to be honest it will most likely be just as little substance as we have already seen.

jonnyp11

I'm just waiting for the next gen where it will be running windows and be a full pc with some slight changes.

Really, what people want is a gaming computer, they either just dont realise it or think it will cost too much (which buyingone does). Ontop of that is the fact that everyone has consoles so they want to play with friends