NewEgg sucks..

Ramodkk

VIP Member
See, that's just one more point for newegg :) They're awesome

BTW if you like WWII games, you're gonna love the COD:WaW single player campaign ;)

DarkTears

banned
So...I just got off the phone with Newegg. They denied my refund request of a XFX 9800 GT (I removed the UPC label for a rebate, that violates their refund policy). That's fine with me, as it's my fault for not carefully reading their policy. Today, I received the GPU from UPS, but they did not return Fry Cry 2, which was included with the return. Not only are they sending out Fry Cry 2, they're sending me a copy of COD World at War for the trouble. The Newegg rep assured me that everything will arrive by Tuesday at the latest.

;)

New egg 1
jbrdbr111x 0

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
New egg 1
jbrdbr111x 0

I understand the frustrations though. Like said, there will be some complaints, even legitimate complaints, with the best companies. Personally, I haven't had any problems with newegg, and I think it's important to give them credit when it is due, which is why I posted my experience in this thread, and gave them a good review at Resellers Ratings.

just a noob

newegg came to my house, and beat me with a pillow case full of soap bars, i'm calling shenanigins upon them!

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
So...I just got off the phone with Newegg. They denied my refund request of a XFX 9800 GT (I removed the UPC label for a rebate, that violates their refund policy). That's fine with me, as it's my fault for not carefully reading their policy. Today, I received the GPU from UPS, but they did not return Fry Cry 2, which was included with the return. Not only are they sending out Fry Cry 2, they're sending me a copy of COD World at War for the trouble. The Newegg rep assured me that everything will arrive by Tuesday at the latest.

;)

Epic Win.

Newegg: +1; jbr: well...fail?

Edit: FWIW, I am a converted TD guy. Preferred TD for years, then tried Newegg and was turned to see the light fairly quickly.

Last edited:

MouSe

Ordered some stuff from Newegg before Christmas. 4 items, 3 were free shipping. The 3 free shipping items arrived on time or 1 day early. The item I paid shipping for was 4 days late. I called Newegg and the refunded my shipping costs. w00t!

/\E

I like Newegg, never had any trouble out of them and always thought their prices were good...

Lately, I have wanted to get a small PC business started. I'd like to find a vendor who will work with me for better prices as I will be ordering parts often. I looked into CDW, they're supposed to be business-oriented but found their prices to be higher. What do you guys think, will NewEgg work with a small business?

lawson_jl

Ive been ordering online and shoping in stores for years. I think i've pretty much had at least one "bad experience" with every place I've ordered from. Wrong product, defective, poor customer service etc.

Cleric7x9

I like Newegg, never had any trouble out of them and always thought their prices were good...

Lately, I have wanted to get a small PC business started. I'd like to find a vendor who will work with me for better prices as I will be ordering parts often. I looked into CDW, they're supposed to be business-oriented but found their prices to be higher. What do you guys think, will NewEgg work with a small business?

you will get no different treatment than a regular consumer.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Newegg shipping is godly. I ordered something monday morning and it came Tuesday before noon!! And it was free shipping :).

MouSe

Newegg is awesome. Except for my last purchase. I ordered all my new computer gear in one order. They decided it was a good idea to put all my components in one shipment that I get in about 12 hours, my case and monitor in two seperate shipments that I get tomorrow, and my speakers that I get Friday. Really?

Twist86

I wish Newegg had 6 hour to my door ^-^

Tigerdirect gets it to me in under 10 hours....but no free shipping :*(