Newly built pc doesnt work

TroyTRFC

Ive just finished building my pc i push the power button and the psu fan and cpu fan both spin once then stop, whats wrong? I made sure that i was very careful with the mobo.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Got the standoffs under the board and in the right places? Got the 4/8 pin CPU power connector plugged in?

StrangleHold

Staff member
If your runnning a video card/s have you got the power connector/s in? Could try resetting the bios with it unplugged and push the power buttom a few times to discharge the power supply, plug it back up and see what happens. What setup have you got? Power Supply too.

TroyTRFC

Z77a-g43 msi mobo
Corsair cx 600 psu
I5 3570k
Saphire hd 7850

I just removed the graphics and powered it up and it is working so what does this mean an what can i do to fix it

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Did you have the 6 pin pci express power connection going to the video card?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then assume its either a bad video card or bad pci express slot. Check the bios to see if there is a default video setting to use dedicated card first and then onboard.

StrangleHold

Staff member
When you say it was working with the video card removed. Does that mean you were using the onboard and it booted?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Dont guess you have another card you could try in it? Try resetting the card and the PCIe power connector (use another one) again and see what happens. Could have been a loose connection.