Next Build Choices

ScottALot

So I want to get the Antec 1200 Case for my next build (long time in the future). This is my build:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=14569448

And these are the cases that I'm choosing from:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mpareItemList=N82E16811129063,N82E16811129043

Tell me if there's something wrong in my build, an oppurtunity to save money (not sacrificing performance, please), an oppurtunity to increase performance w/o increasing price all too much, or anything else.

I was planning to get a 750W before, but maybe the Crossfire needs something bigger? If that's the case, I'll get the unlimited edition.

And also, do you think I could change the GPUs for a Gigabyte HD 4890 (GV-R489-1GH-B)?

bomberboysk

But the LE case comes with a 750w psu already..
The pc power & Cooling 750W is better than the antec 750W, ive seen it run three GTX285's in tri sli at full load.

The bloodrage is much better than the renaissance as far as overclocking, power phase, etc. The only thing the renaissance is good for is folding farms pretty much.

ScottALot

I mean the case itself... is there anything different? All I can find are different motherboard form factors, that really don't matter.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks a good build list,Why go for a IDE drive though for the DVD-RW?? Go SATA;)

Bodaggit23

Its not a good overclocking board, and it doesnt do x16 tri sli, its a board thats meant for people who need a cheap board with 4 pcie slots.

It will do Tri-SLI (16x16x8) and Quad SLI (8x8x8x8)

Plus, the Core i7's need no overclocking. I think it's a great board for the price.

You make it sound like a turd.

Fatback

VIP Member
You said this build was going to be a future build right how long are you looking at. My guess is by the time you get ready to do this build every thing you have listed will be last gen and bigger and better thing will be available. Basically it is pointless to be thinking of a build because computer technology moves so quickly. Yesterdays best can be tomorrows worst.

ScottALot

Yah... that's true. I'm just trying to get an idea, so that once I get the money together, I can bring this idea back, so I can see how much the build improved.

Also, I just got a free IDE drive!! I placed the wrong order, and the customer service put 26 bucks back on my credit!

NEWEGG TO THE RESCUE!