NO

G25r8cer

During heavy gaming mine gets to about 51 degrees celsius and on idle it's at about 41-43 degrees celsius. I am sure other people's cards run cooler but, i am dealing with a stock case and it is very cramped. I had to add 2 fans after i got my card b/c the card would run hot and freeze up my pc. Now it runs good and I can play for over 3hrs w/o freezing up.

Edit: I used GPU-Z to monitor my temps or I sometimes use CPUID!!

Kesava

my 8800 GT usually idles at around 65-70*C

sometimes it has gone up to 95-100*C when i didnt have the fan speed on auto.

graphics cards will handle up to 120*C. but probably best to keep them under like 80 haha

Washrag

Mine is idle at 45-47 C and 52-53 C under full load. Stock cooler with a nice, open case. I have never had any trouble with it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dont know,Asus kind of skipped on making decent software to check my cards temps :mad:

Kesava

well i put my fan on auto and currently on pretty much idle the temp is 71*C. but im using my old case so i have no case fans or anything. the fan speed is at 29%.

i put the fan speed on 100% for a minute.
temp now down to 60*C.
maybe with all my case fans i could get 50-55?

G25r8cer

Possibly! I have a stock hp case and 6 fans total. All of my fans are on high except my graphics card one as i dont really want to mess with rivatuner.

Kesava

why not? theres not much messing to be done... unless you change the settings, the fan will only run at 25% speed. i had major problems because of this.

G25r8cer

I would just rather not have it on my startup to apply the changes and so on. What do you have your fan set at with rivatuner?

Kesava

auto... so it adjusts to whatever temp its at... but rivatuner doesnt run at startup... it doesnt need to be open for the fan settings to be in effect. i know cos i can hear it cahnge when im gaming..

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Temps on the 8800gt are sporadic, a lucky low temp would be 40*C, high, as much as 90*c, kuzba said 100*c. So it's pretty much as he mentioned, 80*c give or take is a good mark to strive for, to reduce chance of artifacting and ensure functionality.

G25r8cer

auto... so it adjusts to whatever temp its at... but rivatuner doesnt run at startup... it doesnt need to be open for the fan settings to be in effect. i know cos i can hear it cahnge when im gaming..

Actually your wrong it does run at startup as there is an option in rivatuner to set it in your startup. On vista you have to have user account control off or it wont run on startup though.

Kesava

well i didnt click that... so it doesnt. its not shown in msconfig or task manager.
but the fan speed is definately on auto.