Nvidia Geforce 5500 FX Overclock

P11

VIP Member
I want to overclock my card but i want to know where i can get the program and if its actually worth it...and i am also wondering if there could be any cooling porblems with the card after its overclock

>>>Geforce 5500FX 256 DDR

4W4K3

VIP Member
Google: coolbits
It's a register tweak for nvidia cards that lets you overclock it and a few other features.
There is no "cooling program" for the video card. You will have to go out and buy a heatsink and fan to fit your card if it ends up overheating. A temp probe would be convenient to check every once in a while during a game to see if you need a cooling upgrade.

nyoung356

my nividia fx 5700 came with an overclocking program built into the driver, kinds of nifty works well, you might go to the nvidia website and download the new driver for all graphics cards. the driver basiclly supports all the nvidia cards, and should give you the nividia overclocking program

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
my nividia fx 5700 came with an overclocking program built into the driver, kinds of nifty works well, you might go to the nvidia website and download the new driver for all graphics cards. the driver basiclly supports all the nvidia cards, and should give you the nividia overclocking program

It doesn't

4W4K3

VIP Member
once again...Google = coolbits. It supports ALL nvidia cards with DetonatorXP drivers i believe. Ran on my MX-440 with regular nvidia drivers just fine. I remember my overclock too, 350/500 :) decent little card lol.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
once again...Google = coolbits. It supports ALL nvidia cards with DetonatorXP drivers i believe.

Listen to this guy :).. coolbits and coolbits 2 work well for detonator and Forceware drivers. and only needs a quick double click to add to the registry and usualy does not require a reboot. fast easy and it's great! :)

P11

VIP Member
so is it worth to overclock my card and will their be any cooling problems?

and can anyone explain to me how coolbits works.

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
P11 said:

If you overclock your card it will heat up more, but with decent cooling it should be O.K. I dont think you would need a massive coolerunless u plan on voltmodding.
Coolbits is just a registry tweak..double click it, say OK, and its done. then just go into card properties and start overclocking. very simple.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>

In some cases yes and other cases no :).. and as far as heat goes it really depends on a few factors. case,vga cooler, how much you overclock, case fans.

It's real simple actualy.. Download it and double click it and it adds what's needed to the registry and then you simply go into the Nvidia control panel and you'll notice a bunch of new stuff :).. you'll have more advanced controls over your video cards advanced settings and overclock ability and temperature settings for those gpu's that apply.

Look here to see the overclock settings in the control panel
http://www.avdesignpro.com/coolbits.JPG

Last edited:

P11

VIP Member
ok i got another question i went to overclock menu and then should i change it to Performance (3D) and then auto detect -when i did this my card rasied from 270/303 and 400/470 is that good for my card ? Once again auto detect did these settings

4W4K3

VIP Member
i usually go in 10mhz increments. after overclocking test the card with a video benchmark, and run for a lil' while in a game to see if its overheating or if you get pixels. that big of a jump isn't safe, and it could possibly hurt ur card. Go in small steps, and let it test all the way b4 u keep goinng.

P11

VIP Member
i cant honestly tell, does anyone know a good setting for my card and what would be a good increase from 270/400

P11

VIP Member
is it possible to mount a heatsink and then a fan in the middle as i have seen on some ati models.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Another proggie is RivaTuner
2. Yes it is possible to mount A hsf and fan but prolly more effective/easier to just get a new cooler

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
correction if you have an xfx 5700 the xfx drivers have an overclocking program built into it, i've used it.

I'm still going to stick with no :)..

K here's the scoop ;-).. My fiance buys a videocard a couple of years ago Geforce 4600ti something like that. once installed and drivers are installed there's overclock functions :).. That's great but you suggested that he download the latest drivers.
you might go to the nvidia website and download the new driver for all graphics cards. the driver basiclly supports all the nvidia cards, and should give you the nividia overclocking program
and that's just wrong :).. the comany that made your video card added that but the latest from nvidia's website will not.

Sorry but no

P11

VIP Member
where can i get a hsf with a space for the fan in the middle or where can i get a new cooler for my card.