Nvidia GeForce 8800GT / Rosewill500w psu

Itronix

I just have one question for you. Does your power supply that is presently in your Gateway look like the one in the link? Like the shape of it?

EndofAll

dude thanks for your help! your definently going in my friends list.

btw it wont let me pm anything until the 100th post

Itronix

I appreciate it. The help's no problem. I'm glad I could help you. When you get the time, could you check your power supply to see if it looks like the one I showed? Sorry about that. I just want to be sure. I'll try and send you a pm.

EndofAll

dude if you want ill take off the side panel and look at it and take a pic with my digicam and upload to photobucket

its between the first and second pics though

Itronix

That's ok.

http://supcontent.gateway.com/support.gateway.com/s/Cases/6bayBTXr/28.jpg

Looks ATX to me. I'm just not all that familiar with mBTX boards.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GATEWAY-105553-...goryZ1244QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?refid=store

They have BTX supplies, but I guess ATX is compatible.

Basically, I'm the same way that you are. I worry about things working out the way I planed. Tiger Direct also has a psu that is supposedly compatible with your pc and it's labled as an ATX. You could ask Gateway in a support chat. I've chatted with them before and they are nice and easy to deal with. It's free too! You don't need to tell them what you are doing, just ask if the power supply is an ATX supply. From all the evidence around me, it's ATX. Although, you have until 6/23, so you have plenty of time to check into it. It would just put you on the "totally sure it will work" side.

Last edited:

EndofAll

that is exactly what it looks like inside the card big enough to fit? (8800GT)

correction:first pic shows exactly what it looks like inside!!! so, is there anyroom for the gpu in there? (8800gt card)

Last edited:

Itronix

Should be, but I would like others to chime in here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GATEWAY-105553-...goryZ1244QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?refid=store

See that row of capacitors? On the picture, there is a W and a T. I wonder if those would interfere with a 8800GT?

Edit: Also, that page shows an ATX replacement power supply for that board, so three places now say ATX power supply.
Back to the 8800GT- I'm just worried that it won't clear or it will end up in a bind on those capacitors. My board had a SATA port blocking it, so I had to move my SATA cable to the #2 port.

Last edited:

EndofAll

i didnt know what they are, and no they wont interfere i put my hand there on the slot where the card would be and my hand rests about 2 inches off the motherboard from the pci slot i just have to move some cords around that are flexible, but not remove them.

EndofAll

okay i officially hate this p.o.s side panel on my computer i couldnt put it back on so i just left the case leanin on the case slot. also you should d/l msn so we can talk more often

EndofAll

okay,ive been looking at youtube videos and i keep seeing people plug in there monitors to the video card. well my card is integrated on to the mobo so how am i going to put the end of my monitor cable in to the back of the 8800gt that im going to purchase? all i see are hdmi port and dvi-i ports. does this mean i cant put the card in my mobo?

my integrated card is a geforce 6100

Last edited:

EndofAll

on newegg it doesnt show it in the description ( the package details.) so i dont know wether or not to buy one seperate or not. and yes im buying the XFX 8800GT 512mb model.

Last edited: