Nvidia or ATI

wat do u prefer Nvidia or ATI

• Nvidia

Votes: 908 68.3%
  • ATI

Votes: 421 31.7%

• Total voters

elitehacker

So I'm not the crazy one here!!! Phew that was relieve. I knew that I didn't skew the results of my benchmarks when I tested the X1650pro and the 7600GS. I felt so alone.

I will stay loyal to Nvidia because that is what I have always gone with. But I do think that Ati's Graphics cards are usually more powerful for a smaller price.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I'm surprised there's that much of a difference, there's a lot more people favouring nVidea, I thought it'd be more balanced.

Geoff

VIP Member
Im going to say its because for the most part, nVidia has had either the highest performing card at the time, or they have better priced mid-ranged cards.

elitehacker

Its because they have better priced and performing mid-range cards, after all that is where the bulk of the market is, if you control mid-range, then you virtually control the market. I don't think there would be many people who are willing to spend $AU300+ for a graphics card.

elitehacker

You have a reason though? or are you just blindly following Nvidia because it was the first card that you had so you are sticking with them?

Jet

VIP Member
I feel I need to comment on some posts here.

LMFAO.. no its not.. the 7600 will smoke the X1650 Pro.. besieds.. i bought a X1650 pro for $200... it scored a 1,900 in 3DMark06.. Then I decided to go with Nvidia, got a 7900GTO for $230... now I pull a 6,200 in 3DMark06.. SAME SETTINGS.. $30 more!

You got a bad deal on your X1650 Pro, and a great deal on your 7900GTO. The X1650 Pro is a ~$100 graphics card, and the 7900GTO is a $225+ graphics card. What else would you expect?

Not really, Just look at the budget high end category, the 7900GT and the X1950pro. The 7900GT consistently thrashes the X1950pro, I would know because I have a 7900GT and one of my friends have a X1950pro and we benchmarked it together, in the same system to get consistently results. We not only used 3dmark but real games too, and we disregarded results from Doom 3 and Half life 2 because its blatantly obvious that Doom 3 had been optimised for Nividia and HL2 for ATI. We used games like generals and other ones that don't have the "nvidia its meant to be played" logo.

To add further salt to injury, the X1950pro runs hotter and is physically bigger than the 7900GT. So from that I base my opinion that Nvidia is better than ATi at the moment. I also know that the 7600GT thrashes the X1650pro as well, the same goes for the 6600GT to the X800GT.

Just to let you know, the X1950 Pro's competitor is the 7900GS. Big difference.

So I'm not the crazy one here!!! Phew that was relieve. I knew that I didn't skew the results of my benchmarks when I tested the X1650pro and the 7600GS. I felt so alone.

I thought we were discussing the 7600GT and the X1650 Pro..

elitehacker

Well jet, I know, but that fact is if the 7600GS beats the X1650 pro, then the 7600GT will definitely beat it, its just logical. I was demonstrating how I thought that the 7600GT was better than the X1650pro.

maroon1

Just to let you know, the X1950 Pro's competitor is the 7900GS. Big difference.

Actually, the X1950pro competitor is 7900GT, and X1900GT competitor is 7900GS.

At stock speed, both ATI cards beat their competitors, but 7900 series are much better if want to overclock them

Geoff

VIP Member
The x1600/1650 PRO series are horrible cards, I used to have one before selling it and buying a 7600GS, which performed A LOT better overall.

nmwords

All I Can say Is If my house catches on fire the first thing i'm grabbing is my 8800GTS 640 superclocked. F tha rest.

Dual_Corex2

banned
All I Can say Is If my house catches on fire the first thing i'm grabbing is my 8800GTS 640 superclocked. F tha rest.

Superclocked? lol. But yes i would do the same, cept i would grab my whole computer and haul it out. Mines nothin special really, only spent about $550 buildin it but you get attached to these things ya know!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Superclocked? lol. But yes i would do the same, cept i would grab my whole computer and haul it out. Mines nothin special really, only spent about $550 buildin it but you get attached to these things ya know!

lol i would let mine burn with the house :D

then claim off the insurance for a new pc.