Official 3DMark06 Rank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Untitled-1-29.jpg

The settings were at default...
Why is my HDR score so low compared to other people's?

scooter

banned
Heh went up 300 points. All that fancy Vista stuff eats away resources and since windows is a multi tasking OS it will try to balance things out evenly so everything will run smooth. That is why if you want pure performance you should turn all the eye candy off and keep a clean desktop. Then of course there is other basic maintenance you can pull off as well.

Yeah..a few hundred points...not bad for minor cleanup.

If I o/c back up to 4.2ghz or higher, I will be anxious to see my results.

scooter

banned
Hey does anyone know...

Since I have professional edition of 3dmark. What settings would be optimal to try benching again..but should I use all the tests? what res? aa?...etc..

I know I cant compare to others for the purpose of this thread but I'm curious what one would do with the entire program?!

Kornowski

VIP Member
Geoff needs to see the settings you used... Your score is blocking them...

I don't know whats up with your HDR score. You have 1 8800GTS right? or two?

I know, I had them covered up. It was taken a few months ago, I don't have 3D Mark installed at the moment, since my computer is kind of broke... :eek: They were on stock settings though, I can assure you.

At the moment, Only the one GTS.

Geoff

VIP Member
I know, I had them covered up. It was taken a few months ago, I don't have 3D Mark installed at the moment, since my computer is kind of broke... :eek: They were on stock settings though, I can assure you.

At the moment, Only the one GTS.
Yes, but the big thing is the resolution. If you have a monitor that can't support 1280x1024 then it will default to 1024x768.

Kornowski

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1057060 said:
Yes, but the big thing is the resolution. If you have a monitor that can't support 1280x1024 then it will default to 1024x768.

lol, I know. It was running at 1280 x 1024.

scooter

banned
[-0MEGA-];1057060 said:

My other laptop..(not the one in my sig)

it defaults to 1280x 800 res. so I guess that won't be accurate

Geoff

VIP Member
My other laptop..(not the one in my sig)

it defaults to 1280x 800 res. so I guess that won't be accurate
Correct, my previous setup only supported 1360x768, and when I did run it at 1280x1024 on a different monitor the score went down a few thousand points.

ScOuT

VIP Member
picture.php

I did not know how to get screen shots like some of the others have. I opened everything and took a Screen Hunter 5.0 shot and posted that:D

Is it normal that my score drops when I lower my resolution? I get around 14,200 with my native 1680x1050....I am confused:confused:
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper TX2
RAM : Corsair XMS2 Pro/pc6400/ 4x1GB/ @800 MHz
Graphics : Evga 9800 GTX @ 760 MHz
PSU : Antec Neo Power 650w / modular cables
OP: Vista Home Pre 64 bit

scooter

banned
You can just hit the PrtSc button on your keyboard! It will copy everything on your screen and then you can just paste it into ms paint, photoshop...etc.

Mitch?

banned
[-0MEGA-];1057033 said:
lol, shutup! :p

Really though, I haven't overclocked my video cards as currently no program supports it fully.

What resolution did you run at?

BTW, scores updated!

the default's (1280/1024).. i'm just running the free basic 3dmark06..(pic included)
here's an update, but, CCC doesn't support over 700mhz core, 1000mhz mem, even when i change it to 1400 or w/e it doesn't change in GpuZ (using CCC) which i'm stable at, and RivaTuner is having issues with my 4850 also (help appreciated on that one guys)... anyway..
f524bdbf47.jpg

bc8331eada.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.