Official 3DMark06 Rank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1058170 said:
Yes, but look at your overclock, where mine is still stock. :)

haha, yeah i know.. :p and yeah, its with two 3870's :cool:

I sorta wish i didn't sell that other 3870, i still can't believe the performance/price for those two cards. They are cheap now, but i paid $500 for both :(

However i see a 4870 coming soon, then another to pair it with later :D

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
[-0MEGA-];1058175 said:
No, it's with two 3870's overclocked. And I knew his CPU was overclocked, but I was referring to his video cards, since mine are still stock.

GPU-Z says that crossfire is disabled. That could be a glitch, but from what I understand, GPU-Z doesn't have probs with detecting 3800 series cards in Crossfire. CPU speed is critical in 3DMark06, so that's why I mentioned it. You're more likely to get a higher score with a higher CPU OC, than you are w/ a GPU OC.

EDIT:

haha, yeah i know.. :p and yeah, its with two 3870's :cool:

:eek:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Good god...

my e8400 is gettin PWN3D!!!!

tOMRROW.....i WILL STrIKE BACKKkkk,,,,,
Bring it!! :D
GPU-Z says that crossfire is disabled. That could be a glitch, but from what I understand, GPU-Z doesn't have probs with detecting 3800 series cards in Crossfire. CPU speed is critical in 3DMark06, so that's why I mentioned it. You're more likely to get a higher score with a higher CPU OC, than you are w/ a GPU OC.

Thats a GPUZ glitch, the new version is fixed... sorta... :p

Geoff

VIP Member
ThatGuy, did you change any settings in the BIOS other then the CPU voltage to get up to 4.6GHz? Besides the normal RAM settings and such, like adjusting the NB, SB, or FSB Termination voltages?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1058196 said:
ThatGuy, did you change any settings in the BIOS other then the CPU voltage to get up to 4.6GHz? Besides the normal RAM settings and such, like adjusting the NB, SB, or FSB Termination voltages?

Yeah, i set my G MCH (NB) to like +0.25/0.30v, FSB (not termination, i don't think. Just FSB) to +0.25v, set ram to 1:1 ratio, had to loosen my performance level on my ram also, i think the NB was like "WTF are you doing to me!?".. so i stuck a fan on that soab and told it to stfu. :)

The voltages are in gigabyte bios terms :p

Geoff

VIP Member
Ah, lovely gigabyte terms :p

I had those voltages set to "Auto", and they were like +0.25 to +0.40v above stock, lol.

Calibretto

VIP Member
The BIOS will not even allow me to overclock even by 1mhz. The Software only lets me overclock. I can get to about 3.3GHz until it's unstable. Same with the GPU. I just wish I could figure out my BIOS because I know everything is set right and I've tried a ton of different combinations but after I saved my changes it shut down then quickly turned back on, it got to the mobo splash screen then shut off again, then quickly turned back on and my BIOS settings were reset :mad:

Geoff

VIP Member
Well my motherboard didn't POST if I changed the voltage at all until I cleared the CMOS, then it worked. That was a known issue and was posted online, maybe yours is similar?

Ramodkk

VIP Member
That happened to me too. Any "overclocking" changes I did to the BIOS wouldn't apply until I removed the CMOS battery for like 10 minutes, put it back and everything went back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.