Official 3DMark06 Rank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Jeffery

4lqfx5.png

How bad is this?

87dtna

No that bad, just a low CPU score holding you back mostly. You need an upgrade to a Phenom II quad! What motherboard do you have?

jevery

Is it time yet to allow someone else to take over this thread? It's now been about two months since Omega's logged on. I know he's been known to take a "leave of absence," from time to time, but something tells me he may not come back this time - Hope I'm wrong. The thread's probably in the category of top ten most popular on the forum.

Bob Jeffery

My sm2/sm3 scores seem low compared to all of the other 4870 owners. They get around 7k on those scores. Any other widely used benchmarks I can test that mainly use the graphics card?

87dtna

My sm2/sm3 scores seem low compared to all of the other 4870 owners. They get around 7k on those scores. Any other widely used benchmarks I can test that mainly use the graphics card?

3dmark06 is VERY cpu dependent, higher clockspeed boosts SM2 and 3 scores a lot, even though it shouldn't unless the CPU was bottlenecking the GPU. 3dmark Vantage on the other hand tests the GPU more than the CPU.

Bob Jeffery

3dmark06 is VERY cpu dependent, higher clockspeed boosts SM2 and 3 scores a lot, even though it shouldn't unless the CPU was bottlenecking the GPU. 3dmark Vantage on the other hand tests the GPU more than the CPU.

I ran 3dmark vantage, scores are at or above what most people are getting for the GPU score with a 4870 :D Time to overclock the core some!

funkysnair

VIP Member
not too shabby for a single 5850 :)

3dmark-1.png

few things i need to work on, one is getting my cpu water cooled-dam the noctua heatsink/fan suck asse

i was getting 89c on full [email protected], dam i was getting 55-60c full [email protected] under water..... my parts better hurry up and get here

i can see 24,000 score for my 5850 once i get the liquid sorted out, dont know what crossfire will yeild but we shall see

Last edited:

87dtna

You should be able to overclock the 5850 way more than that too. Under water, you should be able to atleast get 4-4.2ghz or so which will be a HUGE boost in 3dmark06 points.

24k should be easy on that setup.

One question though, why is it only showing 4gb of memory? You only running in dual channel???

87dtna

Well, I'd take them all out and put them in the other 3 slots instead, try that once. Maybe one of the slots died instead, it happens...because if the stick died it wouldn't POST.

linkin

VIP Member
hehe... i got 4.2ghz on air, it's just not entirely stable with 1.5v running through it... :eek: i need water or phase :(

too bad i can't afford it.

Ryeong

hehe... i got 4.2ghz on air, it's just not entirely stable with 1.5v running through it... :eek: i need water or phase :(

too bad i can't afford it.

I'm running on an old Zalman air cooler. But, i'm idle at 38 and 70 under max load after some hours. However, i get my H50 cooler tomorrow !!:D I'll clock to 4.5 Ghz and crank the voltage to 1.45-1,5 (not sure yet about the volts).

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Funky....do you remember what your score was on 3d mark when you had ur cpu at 3.6 and the 4890?

let us know what the score diffrence is at 3.6 with the 5850?

funkysnair

VIP Member
Funky....do you remember what your score was on 3d mark when you had ur cpu at 3.6 and the 4890?

let us know what the score diffrence is at 3.6 with the 5850?

this is my single 4890 overclocked with the [email protected]
3dmark.png

my mothrboard has a faulty ram slot, uim sure ive damaged something on the board changing out from the phase cooling

new motherboard will be ordered soon

Last edited:

87dtna

Can't you just put them in the other 3 slots like I mentioned earlier? Or doesn't your board have 6 slots?

Edit-ok NVM I see your board only have 3 slots. Just curious, but why did you get that board? Seems really overpriced for what you get, atleast here in the states it is. It's $210, when you can get an ASRock X58 extreme for $170.

Last edited:

87dtna

Yeah looks like I was editing my post while you replied...that stinks.

So this run with the 5850 was at 3.6ghz? The 4890 run was with 3.8ghz so it's hard to make a comparison on the CPU score.

Status
Not open for further replies.