Official 3DMark06 Rank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkysnair

VIP Member
nope

3.8ghz was with 4890 in crossfire (24111)
3.6ghz with single 4890 (19409)
3.6ghz with single 5850 (21638)

but let it be known my motherboard is failing so the 5850 3dmark06 will not be a true reading

i cant game cos its like its in slow motion ( even @ stock clocks cpu/gpu) and i have lost a ram dim slot, i have damged this motherboard and its in desperate need of replacing

i bought the foxconn flaimingblade because it was getting very good reviews for overclocking, which it does-ive reached 3.8ghz with .10v increase and i get 3.6ghz with no voltage increase on a i7 920 co stepping!

Ryeong

It seems like 3DMark06 doesn't take multiple threads into account.. How can you get a lower score than me with an i7? even if i ran on 4.2Ghz and you on 3.8Ghz you should, at least in theory, gain a much better score compared to me.. But, because this benchmak clearly isn't multi-threaded your score isn't really anything near compared to what it should have been. Am i right or? I've seen i7 benche's in other app's, and even with lower clocks they beats Quads on higher clocks..

funkysnair

VIP Member
well ive just pulled my rig to bits too see why my gpu and ram was all messed up

i found 2 pent pins in the cpu socket, i have straightened them up and everything is working fine now
i belive i must have bent them when i was filling the socket up with vaseline foe insulation

i got my 5850 running @ 850/1200 (5870 clocks) with 1.162v on air... ill clock up my i7 again and try another 3dmark06

Ryeong

well ive just pulled my rig to bits too see why my gpu and ram was all messed up

i found 2 pent pins in the cpu socket, i have straightened them up and everything is working fine now
i belive i must have bent them when i was filling the socket up with vaseline foe insulation

i got my 5850 running @ 850/1200 (5870 clocks) with 1.162v on air... ill clock up my i7 again and try another 3dmark06

You should get a lot higher cpu score compared to what you just got. Because that's lower than what i get, can't be right..

funkysnair

VIP Member
nah its not, my pc was completely screwed up

took it all to bits and cleaned everything etc etc straightened the pins up and now im fine :)

funkysnair

VIP Member
new3d.png

Last edited:

87dtna

Thats better.

Ryeong-you're at 4.2ghz, he's at 3.6ghz, thats a huge difference when it comes to a 3dmark06 cpu core. 06' is very cpu oriented, and clockspeed makes a huge difference. But yeah he was only running is dual channel ram mode, thats what was hurting him the most.

lubo4444

Omega can you update my score. I have no idea what went wrong the first time but i did few more runs and this is my score on everything stock. No overclocking at all. Thanks.

3dmark06test.jpg

linkin

VIP Member
Bump. let's bring this thread back to life :) I guess i'll be re-running 3dmark in a minute.

EDIT:

cpu_z.jpg

3dmark06_score.jpg

3dmark06_settings.jpg

Last edited:

Domain_Man

I just swapped my old Q9550 to a Q9650 for £20 and got this new score :)

3dmark06q9650at43D.jpg

Just proves you dont have to spend a lot to get a really good upgrade :D...

jevery

Nice OC. You should have beat me at 4.4. I'm getting ready to make the jump to the 5000 series. Wonder if a single 5870 will match two 4870s.

87dtna

Tweaked it a little bit more and a new score :D

4point43dmark.jpg

How much is your X2 overclocked? Can't believe I still have 2k points on you with an I5 750 at 4.3ghz, unless your X2 is at stock clocks.

Also, that is one sweet Q9650, 4.4ghz at 1.44 Vcore is amazing. You still got plenty of room to go. Go for 4.6ghz!

Domain_Man

Nice OC. You should have beat me at 4.4. I'm getting ready to make the jump to the 5000 series. Wonder if a single 5870 will match two 4870s.

Thanks Jevery! You've got a good setup.

You have 2 cards in crossfire right? (mine is a single card, its the Palit 700, 4870X2) - My guess is for DX10 graphics and 3DMark06, your setup will still be slightly better than a single 5870. But it will be interesting to see the result. And ofcourse the 5800's can do DX11!

Have you though about 2 5850's in Crossfire?

How much is your X2 overclocked? Can't believe I still have 2k points on you with an I5 750 at 4.3ghz, unless your X2 is at stock clocks.

Also, that is one sweet Q9650, 4.4ghz at 1.44 Vcore is amazing. You still got plenty of room to go. Go for 4.6ghz!

Thanks 87dtna! You will definitely beat me with an i5 and 4870x2 at 4.3GHz - the P55+i5 @ 4.3GHz has a higher memory bandwidth than a P45+C2D @ 4.4GHz

I will try for higher clocks, still playing with my OC settings. X2 has 2 gpu's @ 800MHz and Memory Clock @ 1GHz

What happend to your X2 by the way? Did you sell it?

Status
Not open for further replies.