Status
Not open for further replies.

funkysnair

VIP Member
i7 920 co stepping
xfx 4890 (single gpu)

3dmark.png

BigSteve702

not too bad eh? finally got a processor that can feed my gtx275 (720 mhz oc)

going to run amd overdrive since my bios only lets me do 7% overclock. hopefully i can push to 3.4 or so, its running darn cold at 3.0ghz

im excited!

m950jt.jpg

BigSteve702

screw that i played with the bios and upped the frequency to 245 at 14x multiplier... and it stayed stable through 3dmark on air! woo!

2468fuu.jpg

Fatback

VIP Member
I've been avoiding this thread because mine is just pitiful but who cares at least it's not the worst. Plus I got board.

dwm2009090402042668.png

Last edited:

Fatback

VIP Member
FatBack Your close to my score :p
I got 10975 in my 3DMark06

*Specs Below*

:D

There is no way you have a 4890 and a better CPU plus more RAM. My CPU is at stock speeds and my RAM is only running at 400MHz because any higher and I get BSOD's. I think there might be something wrong with your computer. Your CPU might be bottle necking your GPU that's the only thing I can guess.

FairDoos

There is no way you have a 4890 and a better CPU plus more RAM. My CPU is at stock speeds and my RAM is only running at 400MHz because any higher and I get BSOD's. I think there might be something wrong with your computer. Your CPU might be bottle necking your GPU that's the only thing I can guess.

Hahaha i run everything stock and i dont know, Either way it runs smooth and fast thats all i care about really :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow im shocked by those results FairDoos,i wonder if that 4890 is bottlenecked by your processor?..i would overclock your phenom.

My rig in sig with the 4890 gets just inder 16k if i remember correctly.

FairDoos

wow im shocked by those results FairDoos,i wonder if that 4890 is bottlenecked by your processor?..i would overclock your phenom.

My rig in sig with the 4890 gets just inder 16k if i remember correctly.

One problem ive never tried overclocking in my life.. Haha ill have a try though i mean you have to start somewhere ay?

EDIT: HAHAHAAHA OMG Ive just found out why im not getting the best results i can! Silly me The ATi 4890 is for PCI Express x16 2.0 right? I only Have PCI Express 1.0 How silly am i! Time for a mobo upgrade! MOBO RECOMENDATIONS PLEASE! Oh and no budget! And it must support the AMD Phenom! (Spec below) Not to bothered about Ram i can always get more <3

Last edited:

Fatback

VIP Member
One problem ive never tried overclocking in my life.. Haha ill have a try though i mean you have to start somewhere ay?

EDIT: HAHAHAAHA OMG Ive just found out why im not getting the best results i can! Silly me The ATi 4890 is for PCI Express x16 2.0 right? I only Have PCI Express 1.0 How silly am i! Time for a mobo upgrade! MOBO RECOMENDATIONS PLEASE! Oh and no budget! And it must support the AMD Phenom! (Spec below) Not to bothered about Ram i can always get more <3

I don't think it matters if your PCIe is 1.0 or 2.0 they are backwards compatible. That might be the reason you get less benchmarks but probably not less performance. If you still won't a new motherboard I suggest the ASUS M4A78 Plus. I have the M4A78-EM and I love it. It can support every AMD CPU from like the past 4 years. I like knowing if something ever happens to my phenom I can just pop an old athlon 64 4400+ in there. That is just to get it running to I get something better.

FairDoos

I don't think it matters if your PCIe is 1.0 or 2.0 they are backwards compatible. That might be the reason you get less benchmarks but probably not less performance. If you still won't a new motherboard I suggest the ASUS M4A78 Plus. I have the M4A78-EM and I love it. It can support every AMD CPU from like the past 4 years. I like knowing if something ever happens to my phenom I can just pop an old athlon 64 4400+ in there. That is just to get it running to I get something better.

What about this motherboard?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136044

Status
Not open for further replies.