Official 3DMark06 Rank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff

VIP Member
yes, why was the score of NCspec left out?

!! first thing i thought also lol
ALRIGHT, YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO START READING POSTS PRIOR TO POSTING.

I WILL SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME.

I update the threads every couple of weeks. The last update included scores/changes up to page 109 of this thread. I updated the scores today, so anything posted between page 109-present was included, NCspec DID NOT post his score since the last update, he posted his a while back when he had under 100 posts. I don't go looking at previous pages as it's a waste of my time, so once he had 100 posts he should have re-posted his score. The post where NCspec was quoted was posted AFTER I had updated them this morning, I will include his score on the next update.

I hope you are all able to understand that.

jasonn20

@OMEGA...

When you update his score you should make a note of some sort that he was using phase cooling. It could be misleading if not.. since everyone that has posted has either used water or air...other than that I am intrigued by there OC's but do not want it to ruin this awesome thread and it can be beneficial to this thread if updated in an intellectual way.. like maybe having them show there cooling device if done without air or water maybe.. it is your thread and I am pretty sure you have already thought of this... :cool:

Geoff

VIP Member
@OMEGA...

When you update his score you should make a note of some sort that he was using phase cooling. It could be misleading if not.. since everyone that has posted has either used water or air...other than that I am intrigued by there OC's but do not want it to ruin this awesome thread and it can be beneficial to this thread if updated in an intellectual way.. like maybe having them show there cooling device if done without air or water maybe.. it is your thread and I am pretty sure you have already thought of this... :cool:
I know what you're saying, but it would be a bit hard to go back and see if there was anyone else running that kind of cooling. That's why I post usernames, so they can get in touch with the person if they have questions.

jasonn20

Well I rather post this out in the open and i am not saying I have all the answers to this but I can maybe make give you my opinion.. I do think if there is not some kind of note beside there score other than water or air it can be a very misleading thread.. to see a sempron beat a phenom there has to be a line drawn here of some sorts..

jasonn20

It is a pain in the azz to go find the person who posted there score with over a 100 pages or whatever.. *edit* if they are a contributing member then they can be easier to find but not everyone sticks around to 30k post... I do think this can RUIN this thread if not done in the right way with these extreme cooling devices.... in the long run maybe it would be better to break this up between a AMD thread and a Intel thread for 3dmarko6.. it would suck to start over though... like I said I do not have all the answers but crazy overclocks could be beneficial if done in the right way..

Last edited:

NCspecV81

banned
Okay. I'm ready. =o)~

36k06.PNG

Last edited:

lubo4444

Wow nice score man. That's why you were posting so much. :) I like your score.

Edit: What are your PC specs?

Last edited:

Ihatethedukes

ATI doesn't have 'shaders' so to speak (yes they do but not in this sense) they have a single core that runs at the same speed, unlike nVidia who gave them their own core speed much faster than the rest of the core. ATI will never show anything in that field because they don't have a shader field, only a core field.

Geoff

VIP Member
It is a pain in the azz to go find the person who posted there score with over a 100 pages or whatever.. *edit* if they are a contributing member then they can be easier to find but not everyone sticks around to 30k post... I do think this can RUIN this thread if not done in the right way with these extreme cooling devices.... in the long run maybe it would be better to break this up between a AMD thread and a Intel thread for 3dmarko6.. it would suck to start over though... like I said I do not have all the answers but crazy overclocks could be beneficial if done in the right way..
You don't have to find them, just send that user a PM.

Okay. I'm ready. =o)~

36k06.PNG
What specific video card are you using, 5870?

Status
Not open for further replies.