|Official|Black Hole: Benchmark Ranking thread

Virssagòn

VIP Member
okay, stupid question time. Is it better on this one to have a higher score, or is lower better like the original smiles test?

Untitled-112.png

nice scores btw.

wolfeking

banned
okay.
And I think based on my score and your score at 4.3, that increasing the FSB and faster RAM increases score, yes? Cause yours (siggy guesswork) is 108 x 39 and 1780 and you scored higher than 100 x 43 and 1866. just guessing though. Ill rerun soon with my timings down at 9-9-9-24 instead of 9-11-11-24 and see if that does anything.
Can't blame vista this time, we are both on 7 pro. :)

Virssagòn

VIP Member
okay.
And I think based on my score and your score at 4.3, that increasing the FSB and faster RAM increases score, yes? Cause yours (siggy guesswork) is 108 x 39 and 1780 and you scored higher than 100 x 43 and 1866. just guessing though. Ill rerun soon with my timings down at 9-9-9-24 instead of 9-11-11-24 and see if that does anything.
Can't blame vista this time, we are both on 7 pro. :)

I ran 100x42 with 16gb 1600Mhz.
You got 8gb ram, the ram helps the cpu through this.
I got 16gb ram, so I got a little advantage.

wolfeking

banned
ah, okay. Learning whats going on this time. :)

I think then I should go and get 2 8GB dimms and beat you. muhahaha. lolz. Im doing good as is though.

I am seriously upgrading my RAM and getting a SSD soon (like as soon as it can be shipped here) so Ill rerun then and see how it does with 16GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24 2T and 43 x 100. should score better then.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
ah, okay. Learning whats going on this time. :)

I think then I should go and get 2 8GB dimms and beat you. muhahaha. lolz. Im doing good as is though.

I am seriously upgrading my RAM and getting a SSD soon (like as soon as it can be shipped here) so Ill rerun then and see how it does with 16GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24 2T and 43 x 100. should score better then.

Buy the one I got, its fast cheap and you can trust the brand.

wolfeking

banned
I had to put off the memory for the SSD. But it will come soon enough. Going with Gamer 2 just like is in here. Its only $44 for 8GB so a total of $88 for 16GB that will be in here then. I would use hyperx but it is too much for too little.

FuryRosewood

FuryRosewoodBlackHole.png

Stock 3820, probably if i bumped it it might do better, but from what i see, overclocking has very insignificant impact on the score...

Ocean Spray

Well actually from my estimation, an i5 2500k isn't far off from i7 2600k because the price gap is too big for i7 to be better overall.

Its nearly $80 more for an i7 on MicroCenter.