Official: Post your best overclock thread

Burgerbob

Hvae you guyz heard about the Japanese guy who had the P4 3.8- he cooled it with liquid nitrogen- OCed it to 7.2gHz, but Windows would only run at 6.4. He could only run BIOS at 7.2.

fade2green514

got a new best o/c
User Name: fade2green514
CPU: X2 3800+
Code Name: Toledo i think? that or manchester
Core Clock(Stock): 2.0ghz
Core Clock (Oc'ed): 2.66ghz
Voltage: 1.525V
Multiplier: x10
HTT: 266 (hypertransport @ 798mhz)
Idle Temp: 34ºc
Load Temp: 52ºc
i duno if its prime stable, but 2.6ghz is prime stable at 1.5V, and im almost 100% sure 2.66 would be at 1.55V i just don't like the temps, i believe im going to remove the IHS soon to get better temps.. and lap the heatsink even smoother than it was lol... i'm looking to hit 2.7ghz if at all possible... i guess it doesn't matter that much lol...
i should probably learn to overvolt my video card, the cooling is more than enough im sure...
it runs like 2C hotter than my cpu idle, and cooler under load, of course my cpu is dual core so... yea

Last edited:

Charles_Lee

my elementry teacher's son had a liquid nitrogen cooled computer like 3years ago...

back then, i don't know who else would have had it...

Geoff

VIP Member
Motoxrdude said:
Do you mean you can OC it to 4.8GHZ from the bios? Or you have OC it to 4.8GHZ?
I think he means that he can OC to 4.8Ghz in the BIOS, but it probably restarts during POST right?

Ku-sama

banned
DSCF0294.jpg

theres my proof...... but like i said, its not an overclock unless you can CPUz it
EDIT: yes, just like the dude with the 7.2GHz P4... it doesnt count.... but there was someone who has done 7.2XGHz with a P4 and CPUZ'd i i believe

Geoff

VIP Member
Ku-sama said:
theres my proof...... but like i said, its not an overclock unless you can CPUz it
EDIT: yes, just like the dude with the 7.2GHz P4... it doesnt count.... but there was someone who has done 7.2XGHz with a P4 and CPUZ'd i i believe
Well, it really doesnt count unless it's Prime stable.

Ku-sama

banned
i was just saying for suicide shots for world reords, i was actully playing a few games and ran some 3DMarks last night btw at 3GHz, so i know its stable :p

Clutch

banned
User Name: Clutch
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2800+
Code Name: Barton
Core Clock(Stock): 2083MHz
Core Clock (Oc'ed): 2200MHz
Voltage: 1.712v
Multiplier: x11
FSB: 200MHz
Idle Temp: 50ºc
Load Temp: 62ºc

Clutch

banned
Burgerbob said:
Hvae you guyz heard about the Japanese guy who had the P4 3.8- he cooled it with liquid nitrogen- OCed it to 7.2gHz, but Windows would only run at 6.4. He could only run BIOS at 7.2.
It was not a Japanese guy, his name is FUGGER, and he resides in the USA. (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53037)

7.2GHz is nothing to what they have achieved now.
New-WR-P4-670-7.533G-by-duck-.gif

Now that was done by a Japanese guy. (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82284)

ckfordy

banned
User Name: ckfordy
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ AM2
Code Name: Orleans
Core Clock(Stock): 2.4
Core Clock (Oc'ed): 2.76
Voltage: 1.35
Multiplier: x 12
HTT: 230
Idle Temp: 24-30 ºc
Load Temp: 31-50 ºc

If i go any higher it wont boot into windows. do i need to raise the voltage or what do i need to do to make it go higher?

4W4K3

VIP Member
Added voltage may help, but there could be other factors. Does it BSOD you, or just reboot? I'd add voltage to the CPU, then test, if a no go, reduce voltage back to what it was and add voltage to RAM, test, if not go reset to previous and try voltage to chipset, then test, etc. If you bump up the voltage for more than one thing at once, you don't know which one was the problem, so singling it out is the easiest way to go. It could be memory timings too, or overheating, etc...gotta try it all :p