Core Clock (Oc'ed): 4.205GHz
Voltage: 1.453V
Multiplier: x29
FSB: 1106MHz
Idle Temp: 83ºf
Load Temp: 106ºf

ckfordy

banned
Added voltage may help, but there could be other factors. Does it BSOD you, or just reboot? I'd add voltage to the CPU, then test, if a no go, reduce voltage back to what it was and add voltage to RAM, test, if not go reset to previous and try voltage to chipset, then test, etc. If you bump up the voltage for more than one thing at once, you don't know which one was the problem, so singling it out is the easiest way to go. It could be memory timings too, or overheating, etc...gotta try it all :p

It just reboots no BSOD. how much voltage should i add to the CPU. And will it ruin my ram if i add more voltage cause i really dont want to do that. I know its not overheating but ill try some of the other stuff.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Well, it all depends on your hardware. I've never played around wuth your setup so it's kind of hard to tell. Usually when testing voltage, I go by a .05v increase each time.

As far as RAM, well it's the same story, but in larger increments. Not really sure about the deal with DDR2, but when I had been into overclocking, it was 2.6-3.5v area. Probably completely different now, but I think it still goes in 0.1v increments with most boards. If you're trying to squeeze only a few more MHz out of them, and it takes an extra 0.3v, then voltage isn't going to be your problem there. I'd look at timings.

Geoff

VIP Member
User Name: Ku-sama
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
Code Name: Conroe
Core Clock(Stock): 2.93GHz
Core Clock (Oc'ed): 4.205GHz
Voltage: 1.453V
Multiplier: x29
FSB: 1106MHz
Idle Temp: 83ºf
Load Temp: 106ºf

Why dont you raise the bus more? You gain more of a performance boost by raising the bus then you do just the multiplier.

ckfordy

banned
Well, it all depends on your hardware. I've never played around wuth your setup so it's kind of hard to tell. Usually when testing voltage, I go by a .05v increase each time.

As far as RAM, well it's the same story, but in larger increments. Not really sure about the deal with DDR2, but when I had been into overclocking, it was 2.6-3.5v area. Probably completely different now, but I think it still goes in 0.1v increments with most boards. If you're trying to squeeze only a few more MHz out of them, and it takes an extra 0.3v, then voltage isn't going to be your problem there. I'd look at timings.

Ok ill mess around with it tomorrow and see what happens i want to get to 2.9ghz so i should be able to do that i might be able to hit 3ghz if im lucky.

Ku-sama

banned
[-0MEGA-];395893 said:
Why dont you raise the bus more? You gain more of a performance boost by raising the bus then you do just the multiplier.

cause im too lazy to mess with RAM dividers and such.... and besides, its too late now

mrjack

VIP Member
My old system:

User Name: mrjack
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Code Name: Thoroughbred-B
Core Clock(Stock): 1.53GHz
Core Clock (Oc'ed): 2.13GHz
Voltage: 1.7V
Multiplier: x12
FSB: 177,5MHz
Idle Temp: ~40ºc
Load Temp: ~48ºc

OC'ed to be the equivelant of an Athlon XP 2700+.
I was very lucky with getting this processor, cause when I started to do some research on it I found out that it was factory unlocked, which is pretty neat cause you don't need to do any modifications on it in order to raise the multiplier. Too bad the mobo was kind of crap since it only supported a max FSB of 333MHz, so after a few months the DIMM slots crapped out. They didn't work anymore, wouldn't have had that problem with a 400MHz FSB mobo. Don't know what I'm gonna do with the CPU now, probably gonna make some kind of thing to have on a shelf or something.

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
All I have right now is my Athlon 64 3500 (AM2) OCed from 2.2GHz to 2.45GHz. My temps are very low, around 35C idle and 42C load with stock cooling.

mrjack

VIP Member
My Athlon 64 3500+ (S939) is at stock settings 41°C idle and around 53°C under full load using the stock cooling. But the latest Speedfan (4.29) added a core temperature which shows 38°C right now under some light load. But then again it's 29°C in the shadow outside right now so. :p

ckfordy

banned
I set my CPU voltage to 1.4 in the BIOS and in cpuz it says 1.424 is that to much voltage cause on newegg it says 1.35/1.4 so is it to much or not.

Ku-sama

banned
yeah, I sent the computer back already, it was in for repairs (water cooling leaked) so i told them to just keep it

Filip

User Name: Filip
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Code Name: Venice
Core Clock(Stock): 1.8 GHz
Core Clock (Oc'ed): 2.79 GHz
Voltage: 1.6V
Multiplier: 9X
HTT: 310
Idle Temp: 35°C
Load Temp: 45°C

Prime95 stable,

I hope nobody will get angry on me for bringin this cool thread to life again, but I'm curious what's ppl's highest overclock :)

mrjack

VIP Member
User Name: mrjack
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Code Name: Venice
Core Clock(Stock): 2.2 GHz
Core Clock (Oc'ed): ~2.6 GHz
Voltage: 1.35V
Multiplier: 11X
FSB: 236
Idle Temp: 36-40°C
Load Temp: 50°C