*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Irishwhistle

...Back again! :p

Yo Whistle wasup? :D

Nice pics man! Was that with the Fuji S700? The first one's depth of field looks too good to not be from a DSLR ;)

Yeah, I know... I keep leaving for a long time then coming back for a while... I've been fairly busy lately with school and music and all that.

Thanks! Sorry to disappoint, but yeah, that was taken with the S700... have you got a DSLR yet? I've decided to wait for whatever the top of the line Nikon or Canon is when the time comes.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Thirty minutes old"
Lock-1.jpg

Bob

Last edited:

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Here's another one from me. This is the first time I use a border so let me know what you guys think :)

N70.jpg
Wo noes, there's been a theft on CF. Nahh lol, looks good!

man, vroom started to put borders on all his photo's and now EVERYone wants to :p
Looks like I'm a bad influence eh :eek:

Borders are all fine and good, but.... THOSE ARE VROOM'S BORDERS!!! :eek:

:p
I should have had a patent out for it lol.

Bob

kobaj

VIP Member
man, vroom started to put borders on all his photo's and now EVERYone wants to :p

Im going to have to agree with this, but am I the only one that sees this as a problem?

I mean, this is the unedited picture thread. As in you show how good you are with a camera with no to little use of photoshop. By adding a border its just the same as adjusting contrast, brightness, color, etc. Its all Adding to the picture. Its as if saying your photo isnt good enough on its own. You arent proud of your photography people!?

:cool:

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Im going to have to agree with this, but am I the only one that sees this as a problem?

I mean, this is the unedited picture thread. As in you show how good you are with a camera with no to little use of photoshop. By adding a border its just the same as adjusting contrast, brightness, color, etc. Its all Adding to the picture. Its as if saying your photo isnt good enough on its own. You arent proud of your photography people!?

It's because I'm am proud of my work that I go the extra mile to display it as such. The border helps differentiate my work from other basic point and shoot photos. I don't really agree that adding a border to my work makes it edited. However that is not to say my work isn't unedited. I do basic editing to almost all my shots, just to make sure they look as good as they can.

Your right in saying this is a "post your unedited pictures" thread, but we don't have a post your slightly touched up photo thread, nor do I think we should.

I wouldn't change anything from the way we have it now.

Bob

g4m3rof1337

How does adding a border change how the picture looks?

Yes, it adds a frame look, which makes it look more professional.

It's because I'm am proud of my work that I go the extra mile to display it as such. The border helps differentiate my work from other basic point and shoot photos. I don't really agree that adding a border to my work makes it edited. However that is not to say my work isn't unedited. I do basic editing to almost all my shots, just to make sure they look as good as they can.

Your right in saying this is a "post your unedited pictures" thread, but we don't have a post your slightly touched up photo thread, nor do I think we should.

I wouldn't change anything from the way we have it now.

Bob

I agree.

Hyper_Kagome

Hmm... I'd post some, but I think I'll hold back on this latest batch. They're kind of morbid. Haha.

I'd like to get some good sunrise and sunset pictures...