*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Fatback

VIP Member
The shots of the various animals at the zoo and the lightning are fantastic!

Very well done! I'm looking forward to November 5th when I get some shots of the fireworks for Bonfire Night. You've only go to wait until July 4th though. ;)

Here are some of my favourites from this morning. Sorry if the shots of the flowers are getting a bit repetitive, but I like them. :) I loved your Photo Tourney entry for the flowers competition by the way, Dale (that is your name right, Fatback?)

Thanks Jason :) yep that's my name :D I used to take shoot a lot of flowers as well. Now I am focusing more on my portraits. I have found that my photography style has changed a lot over the years. BTW what program do you use to edit? I like how you edit the flowers :)

spirit

Staff member
Thanks Jason :) yep that's my name :D I used to take shoot a lot of flowers as well. Now I am focusing more on my portraits. I have found that my photography style has changed a lot over the years. BTW what program do you use to edit? I like how you edit the flowers :)

Hey Dale. I use Photoshop Extended CS5.1 to edit. Those photos above weren't edited all that much, I just changed the contrast and saturation a bit. They were shot using the incandescent white balance setting on my camera, hence the blue tinge. Pleased you liked them. :)

Punk

Staff member
Love the last one Jason!!

Here are four new from this afternoon. Went to one of my favorite places for photography :).

Fonddurles2012-3.jpg

Fonddurles2012-4.jpg

Fonddurles2012-2.jpg

Fonddurles2012.jpg

Fatback

VIP Member
Hey Dale. I use Photoshop Extended CS5.1 to edit. Those photos above weren't edited all that much, I just changed the contrast and saturation a bit. They were shot using the incandescent white balance setting on my camera, hence the blue tinge. Pleased you liked them. :)

I use Photoshop as well. I have CS4 on my desktop and CS5 on my laptop. I prefer CS4 though cause I've used to it more. You should get the Imagenomic plug-ins. I use them all the time. The Noiseware one works great. Takes out almost all noise and still leaves 99% of the detail. It makes using ISO's like 800 and up no problem(unless your camera has good noise reduction then that's not a worry anyways). Also the Portraiture plug-in is great if you do a lot of portraits. I haven't used the Grain one yet. I like my photos with out grain plus if I need it I can just throw my ISO on 1600 and have all the grain I need :D

http://www.imagenomic.com/

spirit

Staff member
Love the last one Jason!!

Here are four new from this afternoon. Went to one of my favorite places for photography :)
They're all really good! First and last are my favourite though. :good:

I use Photoshop as well. I have CS4 on my desktop and CS5 on my laptop. I prefer CS4 though cause I've used to it more. You should get the Imagenomic plug-ins. I use them all the time. The Noiseware one works great. Takes out almost all noise and still leaves 99% of the detail. It makes using ISO's like 800 and up no problem(unless your camera has good noise reduction then that's not a worry anyways). Also the Portraiture plug-in is great if you do a lot of portraits. I haven't used the Grain one yet. I like my photos with out grain plus if I need it I can just throw my ISO on 1600 and have all the grain I need :D

http://www.imagenomic.com/
Yeah we have CS4 at school. I don't think there's an awful lot of difference between CS4 and CS5/5.5 to be honest; but I downloaded the trial for CS6 a couple of weeks back and installed it on a virtual machine I had and I didn't really like it. Didn't like the UI all that much. Think I'll stick with 5.5.

I'll take a look into the Imagenomic plug-ins. Usually I stick to ISO-64/100/250 when shooting, I really go higher than 250. I think I can up to around 800 before I start get noise and grain.You have to buy all of those plug-ins don't you?

Anyway, here's a shot of the moon I got last night (taken at full 30x optical zoom).

DSCF6563Mod.jpg

It's not the best photo I've ever taken but I still think it's pretty good. Good test of the zoom. You can see some of craters and stuff. Too bad it wasn't a full moon.

Here's a crop of the same image.

DSCF6563Mod2.jpg

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Lightning is something I've wanted to try nabbing lately. That and fireworks. Gonna get plenty of chances for fireworks in the coming week!

Also, great shot of the parrot.
You should have snapped a picture of the lightning that hit your house ;)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Sooo... I had not been exploring abandoned locations in years and my girlfriend was interested in the supernatural and such. So, what better place to re-visit than one of the first abandoned locations I went to...the Brian Center (an abandoned retirement home)

briancentershattered.jpg

briancenterhallways.jpg

briancenterdarkness.jpg

briancenterwonderingaro.jpg

spirit

Staff member
DSCF6702Mod.jpg

My ATC parade shoes, once I had bulled/shined them up again (with help/tips from mikeb2817!). :D

G80FTW

These are nothing special really. I was just testing the camera on my new Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket phone. I love it. How it reacts in different lighting, which is very well:

Motoxrdude

Damn, i spent about the last hour looking through your guys photos. I have to say *most* of you guys are very inspiring. Here are a couple of my favorites of mine. I'm a complete newb btw lol.
IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0534a.jpg

Untitled_HDR2-3.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Love the first and second shots especially! The first one is so clear the water looks like glass - absolutely beautiful! :good:

What camera do you use?

Last edited: