*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

spirit

Staff member
An older one (from February I think), but edited slightly. Looks nice I think! :)

SnowyScene.jpg

Not edited massively.

spirit

Staff member
I like the overall tone on this one a lot better than the edited one.
Thanks, yeah I like that one too but I like the red skies. ;)

As for the snowy scene photo, the original photo had a tint on it but I 'intensified' it a bit, maybe I went OTT? ;)

G80FTW

You know, Iv always wanted to get back into photography. But never had the money for it. Back in the day I always wanted the Canon Rebel XT or the Nikon D90. But, since I bought my new phone I discovered its so much better than my old Nikon CPE990 (crica 1998) which was my second camera and was pretty close to a DSLR without the DSLR part :D (most all the settings were changeable)

More pictures with my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket:

Amazing for a phone. And these were taken in my attic where its nearly pitch black only using the built in LED flash which is pretty amazing and it does an epic job of balancing the exposure of the flash.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Went on a trip to Hampton Court Palace & Gardens in London today. I took hundreds of photos, but here are my favourites.

The entrance from behind

Hampton.jpg

Entrance ceiling

AWholeLottaHistory.jpg

Various corridors

AStorytoTell.jpg

Corridor.jpg

Statue

RoyalStatue.jpg

Some plants in the garden

Orange.jpg

RedSummer.jpg

Various shots inside a building

Stairs.jpg

HundredsofYearsAgo.jpg

StainedGlass.jpg

Union Flag

Patriotism.jpg

And to finish off, a totally Photoshopped (but quite pretty) shot of a 'canal' which had been built in the gardens.

SerineSummer.jpg

wolfeking

banned
Classic GM rust over the wheel arch in the truck bed. :)
Can't really read the badge, but I am going to guess thats a 2.5 TBI "iron duke", right? or is it a 2.8?
Looks like its been put through hell and back again.

Now, my pics. Marching band tomorrow!! So pulled out my '69 director, cleaned it a little, greased the slides, and realized that the first is always the best. :)
No editing done, as I suck donkey at it.
GEDC0698.jpg

GEDC0701.jpg

1.3cm dent. I really want to get that repaired, but I am almost sure that the cost would be more than a replacement horn. But I love this one. :(
GEDC0699.jpg

spirit

Staff member
You definitely have a photographer's eye Vista :good: keep 'em coming!

Thanks Omar! (that is your name isn't it?) I like the statue one best myself, but I also like the orange flower and I quite like the shot of the corridors too. :)

Sure I'll get many more over the next week or so. The sun is out all week and I'm off school. ;)

G80FTW

Classic GM rust over the wheel arch in the truck bed. :)
Can't really read the badge, but I am going to guess thats a 2.5 TBI "iron duke", right? or is it a 2.8?
Looks like its been put through hell and back again.

Haha, its a friend of mines truck who is just kinda storing it at my house but said I can drive it whenever I want. But he wont sell it to me :(

Its a 1989 2WD 2.5L S4 fuel injected with almost 200k miles on it and she almost still runs like new in terms of the engine. The engine is rusted to shit, but the only time the CEL comes on is at 45mph because the EGR valve needs cleaned out (cant find the damn thing!) but once it sorts itself out it goes back off. Its also a 5-speed standard and shifts really smooth no grinding except it takes it a while to get into reverse.....

Perkomate

Just one picture from a car show yesterday. From a Valiant Charger (no relation to the yank charger). This is with no editing either, just straight out of the camera.

imgp39641280x850.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Some from today. Quite a lot of beach panoramas.

tumblr_m7mpukzUMy1rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7mpukzUMy1rr8jsmo2_1280.jpg

One of my cats.

Here are some beach panos. I've been experimenting with panoramas lately. I've been taken them on the camera itself and sometimes it doesn't quite stitch the photos together seamlessly. I may quit making the panos on the camera and start using the photomerge tool in Photoshop to stitch them together instead. Would this be a better way to take panoramic shots?

tumblr_m7mq8strpp1rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7mq8strpp1rr8jsmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7mq8strpp1rr8jsmo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7mq8strpp1rr8jsmo4_1280.jpg

Not a pano.

tumblr_m7mq8strpp1rr8jsmo5_1280.jpg

Not a pano.

spirit

Staff member
OK so I've been outside taking panoramic photos today, I didn't use the panoramic mode on the camera though, I used the photomerge tool in Photoshop to blend photos together which I took.

Here are some shots of Norwich. :) These are all resized by the way, the original files (especially the panoramas) were massive. About 10-14MB per panorama!

Norwich Cathedral:

tumblr_m7ocwsGgzV1rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

The Forum, Norwich:

tumblr_m7ocwsGgzV1rr8jsmo2_1280.jpg

Skyline of the city centre, as viewed from the castle:

tumblr_m7ocwsGgzV1rr8jsmo3_r1_1280.jpg

Norwich Castle

tumblr_m7odpcAuWv1rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

Norwich Cathedral

tumblr_m7odpcAuWv1rr8jsmo2_1280.jpg

The Royal Arcade, Norwich

tumblr_m7odpcAuWv1rr8jsmo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7odpcAuWv1rr8jsmo7_1280.jpg

Here's one of Wymondham, the Market Cross in the town centre.

tumblr_m7ocwsGgzV1rr8jsmo4_1280.jpg

What I've found is that creating panoramas with Photoshop is much better than using the camera's mode as the stitches are seamless. :D

Here's a hot of the sunset tonight - un-edited!

tumblr_m7om6nPFjs1rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Excellent panoramas there vista!

Here's a pic from my first K-5 photoshoot! I'm very pleased with the ISO performance form this camera! This is ISO 1600

7642153220_7d755abf9c_c.jpg