*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Perkomate

317904_547133541977108_618105067_n.jpg

Yesterday, completely unedited. The lighting isn't great as the sun was behind the car, but it was moving at 100km/h and I tracked it perfectly which I think is pretty good.

Perkomate

Great shot! What camera and lens did you use?

Pentax K-7, lens was a Sigma 70-210 from a film camera, and going to a digital one I believe brings it out to a 300.

The problem with it is that the sun was behind the car, so the front is in shadow. Oh well.

spirit

Staff member
What do you think of Sigma lenses? I'm looking at getting a 70-300 from Sigma for my D3200 possibly.

Perkomate

What do you think of Sigma lenses? I'm looking at getting a 70-300 from Sigma for my D3200 possibly.

The one we have is very old, from the 90s. From what I've heard they're some of the best lenses that you can get for the price. The one we have is very dated but is still quite good, with autofocus being fairly fast and it taking pretty clear photos.

Jamebonds1

317904_547133541977108_618105067_n.jpg

Yesterday, completely unedited. The lighting isn't great as the sun was behind the car, but it was moving at 100km/h and I tracked it perfectly which I think is pretty good.

Nice shot! If you have camera with RAW, photoshop and reduce a bit shutter speed, you should be able to get good picture.

Perkomate

it wasn't RAW as I didn't have enough memory card space. As it was I ran out of space after shooting 643 photos anyway.
JPG is still fine to work with in Lightroom anyway.

Jamebonds1

it wasn't RAW as I didn't have enough memory card space. As it was I ran out of space after shooting 643 photos anyway.
JPG is still fine to work with in Lightroom anyway.

16 GB SD would cost about 5 to 15 dollar on amazon.com. I got mine for 8 dollar. 32 GB SD cost 22 dollar.

spirit

Staff member
This is how I see it: RAW if you want to edit - JPEG if you're not too bothered about editing or if you need to save memory card space.