*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras, Webcams and Scanners' started by computerhakk, Dec 10, 2005.

1. G80FTW

G80FTW Active Member

Still on the topic of edited pictures I made this:

[​IMG]

The picture of the new car obviously isnt mine, but the 1997 one is. And my car :) Personally, I like the look of my car better. It doesnt look sporty, it looks like what it was designed to be....a luxury car. The new S600 Coupe just looks like a mess.

I would almost guess that Mercedes has hired an Italian car designer. They seem to be trying to be all radical and menacing, which is not what a Mercedes is at all unless its an AMG or other tuned version. Mercedes is a name of a luxury car, not a supercar. Next thing they will do is drop all their letter classes and rename all their cars with names like "Snort-thruster 3000" (taken from Jeremy Clarkson).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

BBC Two's Peaky Blinders are filming down the street I work on, so I went out to get some photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Perkomate

Perkomate Active Member

4. spirit

spirit Moderator Staff Member

Nice ones Danny!

5. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again Staff Member

That's cool Danny :good: I saw you mention that on Facebook last week.

6. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

Thanks man!

That was for a different program the other week, too. Two different programs down our street in the space of like two weeks, pretty awesome. Not much they need to change round here anyway, all looks very 1920's (bar the cars in the street).

7. spirit

Yeah I must admit they do look like they were taken in the 20s or 30s. Good setting! :good:

8. G80FTW

G80FTW Active Member

The recent photography tourney inspired me to try some new things. So I setup sort of a stage on an empty desk I had and came up with this so far:

[​IMG]

9. spirit

Smarties! Click for full res on Flickr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. G80FTW

G80FTW Active Member

Some more little practice shots on my new stage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

Focus seems to be a tad off, what aperture are you using for the shots? And are you using specific focus points or letting the camera choose what to focus on?

12. G80FTW

G80FTW Active Member

Not using autofocus. They dont seem out of focus to me though. I was also using a f/11 for the first 2 pictures and f/4 for the last picture.

The last picture the outer part of the lens hood is out of focus but that is intentional. I wanted only the Nikon on the cap to be in focus.

13. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

Perhaps it's just the photo hosting site, the second photo doesn't appear to be very sharp.

14. spirit

They all look OK to me re focus and sharpness, but I definitely prefer the first and third photos to the second.

15. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

What are you using to edit your photos? It looks like you have some significant lens vignetting going on as well. If you use Photoshop or Lightroom, a simple check of the lens correction checkbox will clear that right up.

16. G80FTW

G80FTW Active Member

Im using CS6 and i added vignetting on purpose haha. I thought all white would be boring. Im gonna try some different things though.

And yea, the second one is as sharp it might be slightly off.

Im also gonna be getting a few more lights and play with shadows.

17. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

18. spirit

Some photos of Norwich taken today. Please click on photos to see full res on Flickr. Might have a few more photos to process and upload tomorrow...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. spirit

A few from the weekend and the other night...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

You go so many places Jason, I'm jealous lol