*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Geoff

VIP Member
That is only because if you raise the ISO anything above 400, the Noise just get unacceptable.
With my Canon 50D, 7D, and now 5D Mark III I have always been able to push the ISO to around 1600 before I see any noticeable noise, unless you crop to 100%. With my 5D, I typically shoot indoor sports at ISO 8000-10000, and with some NR in Photoshop the images are noise free and still very clear.

NikonGuy

banned
With my Canon 50D, 7D, and now 5D Mark III I have always been able to push the ISO to around 1600 before I see any noticeable noise, unless you crop to 100%. With my 5D, I typically shoot indoor sports at ISO 8000-10000, and with some NR in Photoshop the images are noise free and still very clear.

I meant with the D3100 at night scenes :p

On another note, damn that's amazing. I try not to go above 3200 with my D7100. But i've actually never tried to go higher either. Would you mind telling me why you went with Canon over Nikon?

Geoff

VIP Member
I meant with the D3100 at night scenes :p

On another note, damn that's amazing. I try not to go above 3200 with my D7100. But i've actually never tried to go higher either. Would you mind telling me why you went with Canon over Nikon?
I started with the low end Rebel series, before I really knew too much about DSLRs, but once I got accustomed to Canon and bought some lenses it was tough to switch.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I went with Canon because that's what Geoff was shooting and he was my go to guy for questions :D

Then when I wanted to upgrade I bought his 7D off him! :D

spirit

Staff member
Haha, and next you'll buy my 5D :p

Or maybe we can convince Jason to go Canon lol

Not gonna happen bro! Went Nikon because their lower-end D-SLRs were cheaper and better-built than Canon's when I bought my D3200. I have a friend with a 700D though and I think it is a improvement on the build quality of the 600/650D (I have friends with those too).

I wasn't very impressed with the 600/650D when I tried them out.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Not gonna happen bro! Went Nikon because their lower-end D-SLRs were cheaper and better-built than Canon's when I bought my D3200. I have a friend with a 700D though and I think it is a improvement on the build quality of the 600/650D (I have friends with those too).

That's because the Rebel series is crap. You need to go EOS (60D, 70D, 7D, 5D, 1D) in order to get good quality from Canon. It's like Dell. The Inspiron's are crap but the Latitude and Precision lines are much better built.

spirit

Staff member
That's because the Rebel series is crap. You need to go EOS (60D, 70D, 7D, 5D, 1D) in order to get good quality from Canon. It's like Dell. The Inspiron's are crap but the Latitude and Precision lines are much better built.

I know. Hence why I bought a Nikon D3200. Cheaper than a 650D and better-built. The Nikons feel really solid, unlike the Canons in that price range.

NikonGuy

banned
My lens came in today. I am not expert on image quality. so here is a question.
I bought it used, and it is technically in good condition, it does have some dust INside. I already cleaned the glass on the outside. Now I when I open up the aperture all the way, and look through to the light, I can count about 20 tiny dust specs. About the same amount as my other lens. Is this a big problem in image quality. Thanks

spirit

Staff member
Try it out and see how the photos come out. I don't think it should be a problem, but it's difficult to tell without actually trying it and seeing how the photos come out really.

NikonGuy

banned
I don't see anything in the photos, I'm only worried about "noise" that might be unknown ( dust ). I tend to worry about my equipment a lot, thus why everything I own still looks and works like new even still has the protective plastic on it lol

spirit

Staff member
Yeah I think it's natural for this stuff to happen. Every time you change the lens you expose the body and lens to dust so of course over time a little bit of dust will accumulate.

Jamebonds1

Yeah. You should go for Canon :)

NikonGuy

banned
So, it turns out. The reason the lens had dust in it and wasn't basically new as described ( the AF to MF ring was broken ) was because he sent me the wrong lens! When I contacted the seller, He found out he sent me the wrong lens. The one he had listed and meant to send with the one that just came from Nikon and had a 6 month warranty... So he payed for me to ship my lens back and hes putting the correct one in the mail first thing tomorrow... -_-

voyagerfan99

Staff member
So, it turns out. The reason the lens had dust in it and wasn't basically new as described ( the AF to MF ring was broken ) was because he sent me the wrong lens! When I contacted the seller, He found out he sent me the wrong lens. The one he had listed and meant to send with the one that just came from Nikon and had a 6 month warranty... So he payed for me to ship my lens back and hes putting the correct one in the mail first thing tomorrow... -_-

Better that than him telling you too bad

NikonGuy

banned
Definitely. The other day I sold 1 Camera body and 2 lenes to 3 different people. 3 separate packages. Someone one of the buyers received 2 packages from me, so he got a body AND a lens. Thanks to his honesty, he sent it over to the person who was supposed to get it. I did not have tracking, so he could have kept it. It's great that people are honest like that, I know many people who would have just kept it and not said anything.