*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Hey Ankur, nice to see you back!

That's unfortunate about your Flickr. I had a hard time transferring my account over to a usable Yahoo account I already had. PITA. Like the bord shot though :good:

Geoff

VIP Member
Around 2AM I was driving back from a photo shoot when I stumbled upon a house heavily involved in fire. After making sure everyone was out of the house and the fire department was on the way, I proceeded to snap a few photos.

Firefighter by Geoff Johnson, on Flickr

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
So are you back from Seattle, or still out there? What's your impression of the US?

spirit

Staff member
So are you back from Seattle, or still out there? What's your impression of the US?

I've been back since May 3rd - only just gotten round to posting the photos here. ;)

I loved America. Everybody in Seattle at least seemed really nice and friendly and there's a great atmosphere. I went out to Seattle to go to the Microsoft Global Educator Exchange in Redmond which is close-by. Hopefully one day I'll get a job at Microsoft and I can come back to Seattle. It has left me wanting to go to lots of other American cities now, too! :good: If only I had the money... ;)

Punk

Staff member
Been a long time...

Shot taken just before a thunderstorm, made contrast a little different than normal :)

lacdechoranche_zpsa09hj9xd.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Nice shot Ben, I'm liking the reflections! :good:

Rather than post all of my latest shots here I'll just post a link to my Flickr where they all are (I've taken a lot since I last posted here): https://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonbrown2013/

My 50mm f/1.8G arrived today and I also have a 50mm f/1.4 on review for a couple of weeks as well as my 'new' Nikon F80 film camera to have a play with, so I'm starting to get back into my photography!

spirit

Staff member
Geoff are you shooting RAW on your LG? I took some photos in RAW yesterday on Dad's Lumia 930 and was quite impressed with the results! :good:

Geoff

VIP Member
Geoff are you shooting RAW on your LG? I took some photos in RAW yesterday on Dad's Lumia 930 and was quite impressed with the results! :good:
These were all JPG. Honestly, I really don't like the RAW photos. There is so much work required to get them to look decent. You need to manually correct the lens correction, as it has dark vignetting in the corners, images are a tad noisy even at ISO 100, they aren't very sharp, they are very dull, etc. So even for a snapshot I have to tweak a ton of settings, plus you can't use HDR mode with RAW, which is a quick and easy way to get nice looking landscapes.

I really think RAW mode is a gimmick, I'd rather have a nicely processed JPG like the ones above straight out of the phone, than to have to deal with processing RAW files from a phone. I do like the manual mode though, I'll probably mess around with 30 second exposures, shutter speed, and manual focus though.

spirit

Staff member
So those are JPEGs straight out of the phone? They look great!

The RAW mode on the Lumia 930 seems decent enough. Will have to try it out properly one day, maybe try it with some landscapes or city scenes or something!

Geoff

VIP Member
So those are JPEGs straight out of the phone? They look great!

The RAW mode on the Lumia 930 seems decent enough. Will have to try it out properly one day, maybe try it with some landscapes or city scenes or something!
That they are! No editing at all.

WhoX

Frankenstein Year 2007 - These were taken with a Sony DSC-H5 digital camera, the camera is around 9 years old.

frankenstein01.jpg

frankenstein02.jpg

Frankenstein & kids Year 2002 - These were taken with my first digital camera, a Hewlett Packard PhotoSmart 715. :D

frankenstein03.jpg

kids.jpg