*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

spirit

Staff member
Thought I'd update!

Those who follow my Flickr and Twitter will be aware that I've been busy doing a lot of photography for school for the past week now. Photos of school proms and sports day are currently on my Flickr but for various reasons they may be removed shortly.

Moving on, on Friday July 3rd I was asked to participate in a TV interview with Head of Metropolitan Police officer, Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe which is airing on Sky News TV in the UK. You can find the interview on the Sky News website if you'd like to watch that. The interview was held at Sky TV in London, so whilst I was there I took some photos of Westminster (it has been very hot in the UK lately, walking around London in a suit in 30c heat is horrible!)

These are all with the Nikon D3200 and Sigma 10-20mm.

Big Ben! by Jason Brown, on Flickr

Big Ben! by Jason Brown, on Flickr

Jubilee Bridge by Jason Brown, on Flickr

Westminster from the Jubilee Bridge by Jason Brown, on Flickr

London Eye by Jason Brown, on Flickr

Whilst it was still hot we headed off to Happisburgh ('Haze borough') beach yesterday. This beach is local to me and is well known for having extremely fast rates of coastal erosion (some of the fastest in the country). We've all seen photos of houses in Happisburgh that have ended up on the beach or in the sea but nothing really prepares you for the shock of actually *seeing* people's homes collapsed on the beach or floating in the sea. You can find out more about Happisburgh online if you are interested.

I didn't want to carry my D-SLR and lenses around so instead I shot these using Dad's Nokia Lumia 930. Shot in DNG (RAW) and processed in Lightroom 6.1. I'm really impressed by the image quality of this smartphone! These are full resolution photos from the Lumia 930 so check them out! I think this goes to show what you can do with today's smartphones that shoot in RAW and software like Lightroom to process them! These files are 18.6MP.

What you see in most of the photos below are remains of old sea defences which were destroyed in storm surges.

Happisburgh, Norfolk (Shot with Nokia Lumia 930) by Jason Brown, on Flickr

Finally, I thought I'd share some street photography in Norwich. I got my new Nikon 50mm f/1.8G lens a few weeks ago and tested it out in the city. Mounted on the D3200 you have a tiny little D-SLR ideal for taking candid shots in the city! This lens is pretty sharp!

Norwich Street Scenes - June 21st 2015 by Jason Brown, on Flickr

Some of you may have been aware that I've also been getting into film photography. I also shot some street scenes of Norwich on film using my Nikon F80 and the Nikon 50mm f/1.4 lens that I am borrowing. I didn't process the film myself, instead I went to a shop in Norwich who scanned it in TIFF format and burned the files to a CD for me. The TIFF scans are 6.3MP (3088x2048) and uncompressed, so pretty good quality and not bad for processing in Lightroom! You can tell the difference between the film scans and the digital files - the colours in the film scans are much more muted (which you can see looking at the other photos I've shot on film here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonbrown2013/sets/72157654899872359)

Norwich Street Scenes - June 21st 2015 (Shot on Film) by Jason Brown, on Flickr

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member

spirit

Staff member
I see I can now like posts on the new CF! :D Really nice shot Geoff, like the focus and the lighting!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
From a photo shoot last night:

Milky Way in New Hampshire by Geoff Johnson, on Flickr
I'm not familiar with new Hampshire, was that taken in a rural area? Just curious how far away from a densely populated area you went to get a view like that.
Another photo from my LG G4 today:

Wet Summer Afternoon by Geoff Johnson, on Flickr
Nice photo for a phone, when I was last looking at phones, the g3 had the camera I liked the best on an android phone, the photos are more natural looking.