*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Here are some other ones:

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

vroom_skies

VIP Member
I was going through my picture folders and found this.
I don't know why, but I love this shot, it's not even in focus for petes sake lol.

IMGP7551.jpg

Bob

DirtyD86

banned
the "post your random photos that youve taken and would like to share with CF" thread

DIALUP USERS R.I.P.

DISCLAIMER:

I HAVE ZERO TALENT SKILL OR KNOWHOW IN THE AREA OF PHOTOGRAPHY AND I WILL MAKE THIS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS WITH THE IMAGES I AM ABOUT TO POST. BUT THERES LOTS OF PRETTY AND HISTORICALLY SIGNIFICANT SHIT IN THEM

i was bored today and took some photos from around the area i live in, charleston sc. up first is fort moultrie

"Fort Moultrie on Sullivans Island at the entrance to the harbor of Charleston, S.C.; originally called Fort Sullivan. Constructed by Col. William Moultrie, the fort was renamed for him after he repulsed a British naval attack in June, 1776, in one of the most decisive battles of the American Revolution. During the Seminole War, Osceola, a chief, and 200 Seminoles were imprisoned in the fort; Osceola's tomb is there. During the Civil War, Confederates held the fort until the evacuation of Charleston in 1865. It was Charleston's chief harbor defense until 1947, when it was abandoned."

this might interest a few of you at best :p but being there in person is actually rather fascinating

PICTURE NUMBER ONE:
an overview of the fort... this is only a tiny portion of it, it was hard to find a decent spot to capture a shot of the whole thing. here you will see some cannons that probably ****ed up a lot of things in their day... the body of water is the mouth of charleston harbor which typically would have a few ships in it... to the left im told is an ocean. ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE SCREEN you can see fort sumter, which kind of looks like a ship in this picture... fort sumter is yet another spot with historically significant shit which i would have liked to shared with you.... but it is indeed an island and requires a ferry which is expensive and im broke and didnt feel like swimming.
feb1031mk1.jpg

PICTURE NUMBER TWO
here is one of the entrances to the fort. without the flash of the camera it is much darker and ominous looking. i might add that this fort is not what youd call a tourist attraction because it just looks scary as shit even from the outside and tourists are much more likely to flock to bright sunshiney areas, being the beach and all. so i was pretty much alone the entire time i was here, but since i have giant balls i chose to continue
feb1032vc1.jpg

PICTURE NUMBER THREE
again, without the flash this place is much darker and creepier than it appears in the picture. in each of the rooms you see, there was a display with different things such as the brig, radio room, mess hall etc. they had music that sounded like it was from the 1930s or 40s playing on an old record player that echoed through the hall. your footsteps echoed too and it was just very creepy considering there is NO ONE down there, no tourguides, no maintenence people, nothing. and the doors are heavy as hell and slam loud enough to makr your ears bleed
feb1033ir6.jpg

PICTURE NUMBER FOUR
this is my attempt to capture how dark the place is on the inside. without the flash the pictures are pretty much just black, you cant really see much. but this picture will give you somewhat of an idea
feb1036pj1.jpg

PICTURE NUMBER FIVE
this is a cannon that someone tried to destroy the sun with, because its too f*cking bright and ruins everyones photos with its glare.
feb1038pq7.jpg

PICTURE NUMBER SIX
the harbor. which had no ships today and im not quite sure why. you can see the seagulls chilling by the water. if you take out crackers and try to feed them they turn into bloodthirsty cracker eating devil birds and will flock all over you, leaving you with crumbs and bird shit all over your face feeling as though youve just been raped
feb1021kj0.jpg

PICTURE NUMBER SEVEN
just another view from inside the walls of the fort
feb1026pi2.jpg

PICTURE NUMBER EIGHT
back on the mainland... this is my new car (2000 celica :D) in front of the USS yorktown
feb1002xe8.jpg

PICTURE NUMBER NINE
an old submarine, probably still a diesel. before they closed the naval base youd see nuclear subs going under the bridge on a regular basis. they even did a demonstration just offshore where they surfaced a sub which shoots it out of the water and them comes splashing down sending out huge waves everywhere... which was one of the coolest things ive ever seen
feb1015ia3.jpg

PICTURE NUMBER TEN
inside of the new car... pioneer 5900 with integrated satellite radio (which im hooked on... jason ellis show - weekdays on faction ch 028FTW) i drilled a hole through the back of the dash kit and fed the aux cable from the rear of the head unit through. good way to use ipods and such
feb1008ym6.jpg

PICTURE NUMBER ELEVEN
my amp and subs... working on building boxes for each side out of medium density fiberboard for a more factory look. the amps going in the spare tire compartment
feb1009ap5.jpg

Last edited:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
and didnt feel like swimming.

You mean you didn't feel like drowning?

:p Just kidding of course.

BTW: Liking the title of the thread!! ;)

I would love to go there, Fort Sumter. See all the cannons and what not.

Anyways, heres my "random picture that I would like to share with CF" :D

IMG_0176edited.jpg

patrickv

PICTURE NUMBER TEN
inside of the new car... pioneer 5900 with integrated satellite radio (which im hooked on... jason ellis show - weekdays on faction ch 028FTW) i drilled a hole through the back of the dash kit and fed the aux cable from the rear of the head unit through. good way to use ipods and such
feb1008ym6.jpg

you know, this picture makes me smile cause in my car i have a same sound system, PIONEER, and yes that cover is reamoveable, so u can carry it.

Geoff

VIP Member
I love your Celica! I've always been a fan, the inside looks great as well. Too bad it's an automatic though :(

Lost Boys

Relative newbie here having a search about. Loving this thread, some brilliant pictures on here!
I'll put a few of mine on tonight when I finish work, they're all backed up on a CD at home. :D

Lost Boys

Hey all. Right, I've got home, dumped about 16 pics onto Photobucket (sorry! got, carried away!), will split them over three posts if that's ok.
None of these have been tweaked at all, mainly because I wouldn't have a clue how to, these are all straight off the digital camera.

Taken from my old bedroom window when I lived with my mum and dad
SKY14THJAN05.jpg

Cemetary shot
PINXTONCEMETARY.jpg

Shot from Oulton Park race circuit in Cheshire
P10100181.jpg

Shot of the river running through Chatsworth House in Derbyshire
P8290029.jpg

A shot of the river AND Chatsworth House
P8290024.jpg

Last edited:

Lost Boys

A shot of the McLaren Mercedes roadcar, taken at the British GP a few years ago
P7080148RETOUCHED.jpg

A misc sunset from somewhere in the hills of Derbyshire
P6270019.jpg

A hot air balloon flying over the Derbyshire countryside
P6270006.jpg

Land Rover off roading (girlfriend's Dad was into it)
P6170076.jpg

P6170065.jpg

Lost Boys

Penguin at Twycross Zoo in the West Midlands
P1010018.jpg

Elephant from the same place
P1010013.jpg

Flower from me mum and dad's garden
P7170034.jpg

Beeston Marina in Nottinghamshire
P8060134.jpg

Kind of wierd sunrise / stormy morning in Filey, on the East coast (this one actually got published in a magazine!)
P7310102.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at my photos :)

Geoff

VIP Member
Those are some nice photos Lost_Boys. Here are a few of mine which I probably already posted before, lol

IMG_2680.jpg

HDR FTW!!
IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg