*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

speedyink

VIP Member
Thanks!

A little over exposed though.. I tried! But it's hard when your doomed to using program mode (selector knob fell off >_<)

Edit: Ok I had to retake the photo, the over exposure was driving me mad and I have figured out a way to kind of manipulate the shutter speed.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
tumblr_meklqpFkbH1rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_meklqpFkbH1rr8jsmo2_1280.jpg

Geoff

VIP Member
Looks fine to me on my screen?

Or do you mean there's a lot of lights? :D

Image looks fine to me, I think hes referring to the lights. Did you take part in that at all? :p

I remember when I was younger I would put Christmas lights up all around the house as well, haha

spirit

Staff member
Image looks fine to me, I think hes referring to the lights. Did you take part in that at all? :p

I remember when I was younger I would put Christmas lights up all around the house as well, haha

Dad put most of the indoor lights up, I do most of the outdoor lights. I haven't had the chance to get the outdoor lights up yet, I'll do them on Saturday.

Did help put the tree up and I put the lights in the dining room up.

4NGU$

VIP Member
A few Recent shots from me and my partner ;)

4ab962_28563327a47da1455f1873244af056cf.jpg_srz_754_900_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

I'm getting this one printed and framed from my little brother from Christmas :cool:

4ab962_bf6faa70d2bd3e09ce06850553032573.jpg_srz_900_592_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

tremmor

Think he's talking about your settings. Me, i have a Canon S3IS. I have a dial on there for sports. (moving). Would that do it or do ya have to get in there and start playing with all the settings. Many pictures here posted like that. I just never got into it. YET............

Geoff

VIP Member
Think he's talking about your settings. Me, i have a Canon S3IS. I have a dial on there for sports. (moving). Would that do it or do ya have to get in there and start playing with all the settings. Many pictures here posted like that. I just never got into it. YET............
The S3 IS would never produce pictures like this, you really need a DSLR on manual/semi-manual settings. It also looks like he had strobes/flashes as well.

4NGU$

VIP Member
Ahh I see, I thought He might have a specific query about a single quality in the image, Canon 7d fully manual settings, using 2 remote flash units. Keeping the flashes on low power gives a sharper images as the burst of light is shorter... anything else you wanna know ?

Edit:
what this guy said
The S3 IS would never produce pictures like this, you really need a DSLR on manual/semi-manual settings. It also looks like he had strobes/flashes as well.

Jamebonds1

Thank for explain NGU$. My English isn't perfect since i use Sign Language.

No mate they are photographs, video stills wouldn't be anything like this sharp. What exactly do you mean by "that" ? let me know and I might be able to explain more.

Ahh I see, I thought He might have a specific query about a single quality in the image, Canon 7d fully manual settings, using 2 remote flash units. Keeping the flashes on low power gives a sharper images as the burst of light is shorter... anything else you wanna know ?

Edit:
what this guy said

Yeah that's what i mean. I think i got it how done with blur motion. I have Canon PowerShot A590 IS. I'm told by camera guy in store it is pretty good in PowerShot series. changeable lens. My camera have four different type of manual. It is M (Manual), Av (Aperture Priority), Tv (Shutter Speed Priority) and P (Program). I has some picture shot by Manual. It is in my sig with photobunk link.

4NGU$

VIP Member
Well if you want to try motion blur like that you can set your camera on M or Shutter priority to about 1/60sec and turn the pop up flash on, the just try panning with a subject as you take the shot, the flash will freeze the bits it hits and the bit that it doesn't freeze ill have blur.

thats how i got this shot a few years back,
4ab962_e9e7fff6e6e83a9156b6c3a7054a64d8.jpg_srz_558_836_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

I know a bit of British Sign Language as my brother has no speech, but most of what he is interested in is food and cars so my vocabulary is limited :cool:

Jamebonds1

Well if you want to try motion blur like that you can set your camera on M or Shutter priority to about 1/60sec and turn the pop up flash on, the just try panning with a subject as you take the shot, the flash will freeze the bits it hits and the bit that it doesn't freeze ill have blur.

thats how i got this shot a few years back,
4ab962_e9e7fff6e6e83a9156b6c3a7054a64d8.jpg_srz_558_836_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

I know a bit of British Sign Language as my brother has no speech, but most of what he is interested in is food and cars so my vocabulary is limited :cool:

I use American Sign Language a lot, but I'm suck on British Sign Language :(