Official Screenshot Thread

speedyink

VIP Member
I guess it's for the older video cards. When I had my X300 I had to turn it on if I wanted the shadows on. I couldn't bear the jaggedness, so I sacrificed shadows for higher resolutions.

mrjack

VIP Member
Sam & Max S1E1: Culture Shock
sammax1ui8.jpg

sammax2jf9.jpg

sammax3al9.jpg

sammax4tn0.jpg

I think Sam & Max: Hit The Road was better than Culture Shock. But I'm gonna probably buy S1E2: Situation Comedy, too.

mrjack

VIP Member
It's about a dog and a rabbit called Sam & Max. They're freelance police and are given the shittiest assignments that the real police can't be bothered to do.

Max is a cute, furry maniac who likes to see people suffer. Sam is the one who keeps Max from going on a killing spree and is probably the only one who likes Max.

The Sam & Max games usually have great humor. Right now the games are being released in chapters like a TV-show. Basically it's an adventure game where you have to solve problems and more than often the solutions are whacky.

PC eye

banned
I already told everyone why his pictures are so pixelated! It's because he has pixel doubling in the settings turned on. Try it out, guarantee you'll see the same thing you see in his shots.

Pixel doubling and forcing DX8 shaders are disabled in the game. You seem to be focused on screen where reality gets distorted when you first go into the room there and it looks like you are seeing through someone else's eyes for a few moments. Unfortunately the F8 and prtscrn keys along with several screen capture program still fail to grab more to show how the effects there first flash in your face and then later fade away when the other team members arive.

speedyink

VIP Member
Pixel doubling and forcing DX8 shaders are disabled in the game. You seem to be focused on screen where reality gets distorted when you first go into the room there and it looks like you are seeing through someone else's eyes for a few moments. Unfortunately the F8 and prtscrn keys along with several screen capture program still fail to grab more to show how the effects there first flash in your face and then later fade away when the other team members arive.

I know what your talking about, but thats not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how big the pixels are in your shot. Look at the two pics I posted and notice the difference. In those pics there are no distortion effects or anything in the picture, the only difference is the size of the pixels.

Where do the pictures get stored when you press F8? I looked in the folder FEAR is installed in, and I dont see any pictures or anything.

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
I know what your talking about, but thats not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how big the pixels are in your shot. Look at the two pics I posted and notice the difference. In those pics there are no distortion effects or anything in the picture, the only difference is the size of the pixels.

Where do the pictures get stored when you press F8? I looked in the folder FEAR is installed in, and I dont see any pictures or anything.

When that screen was captured there was movement at the same time as the effects were coming to full throttle. It wasn't captured by the F8 key as the usual method of choice in the game but with a shareware capture program good for 9days. After the initial 11 screens it failed to get any more and was removed.

The screens you posted where at a time when the reality distortion was already over and you could try two different settings from a distance to make the comparison there. You can see the two FEAR team members you travel with standing in front of the chair with the dead man in it. You were able to get better captures using a different method. Plus I assume you are running a better card there.

The only thing found in the shared folder for all users is the actual game saves. When you go to open those you see "working". That shows those are the autosaves made by the game itself. In the Sierra\FEAR folder in the program files directory you will see "FEAR_1.arch00" types there suggesting those are the saves you make when entering the next level under a different level name. That saves the weapons you have as well as ammo amounts. Since the F8 key used repeatedly fails something that get some better screens is needed. That other one made them fairly raspy looking. ouch!

speedyink

VIP Member
When that screen was captured there was movement at the same time as the effects were coming to full throttle. It wasn't captured by the F8 key as the usual method of choice in the game but with a shareware capture program good for 9days. After the initial 11 screens it failed to get any more and was removed.

The screens you posted where at a time when the reality distortion was already over and you could try two different settings from a distance to make the comparison there. You can see the two FEAR team members you travel with standing in front of the chair with the dead man in it. You were able to get better captures using a different method. Plus I assume you are running a better card there.

The only thing found in the shared folder for all users is the actual game saves. When you go to open those you see "working". That shows those are the autosaves made by the game itself. In the Sierra\FEAR folder in the program files directory you will see "FEAR_1.arch00" types there suggesting those are the saves you make when entering the next level under a different level name. That saves the weapons you have as well as ammo amounts. Since the F8 key used repeatedly fails something that get some better screens is needed. That other one made them fairly raspy looking. ouch!

Alright, I'm out.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Heres one from The Ship:
That can be fun, but there's almost always some tard who ruins it by joining and going around killing everyone and if you kill him after he attacks you, you still get punished.

Archangel

VIP Member
R6Vegas_Game2007-01-0612-45-07-67.jpg

R6Vegas_Game2007-01-0700-54-39-07.jpg

played on 1280x1024 tough =o
Oh,. its shots from Rainbow six: vegas btw,.. a really good game if i may add. very, very nice gameplay

btw... its usually a FPS.. its just 3rd person in the shot because i'm taking cover.

lb562high

banned
omg...i want that game so bad...i am literally drooling on my keboard right now!!! it's sold out everywhere around here, even at frys and best buy...oh man that looks like the best game