Official Screenshot Thread

Aastii

VIP Member
Well if it is then they did fail because every car I drive is loose. It might be the way I drive I don't really slow down around turns but the games slows the car down for me. Even the Lamborghini is lose around the corners. The drifting on the game is awesome tho. I used to try and drift on Forza 2 but there just wasn't something right about it. On shift they really did a good job on making the cars drift the way a real car does.

forza 2 is hard to drift on because it is meant to be close to a racing sim, it has a physics engine close to that of real life (nowhere near as close as forza 3, but still very good) so the cars aren't slippy unless you set it up right.

Forza 3 though, that is sooooooo much fun to drift on, aswell as to drive properly on.

Back to NFS though, it does seem epic fail then, no track car would do that around every single bend, except for a drift car, but i doubt that every race on it is geared towards drifting specifically

WeatherMan

It's just the way they've made the handling, I agree it's not very well implemented but it still feels good, a lot of efforts have been put into other area's of the game also in the area of handling, too many to even list really, But you notice them whilst playing.

If you dont like NFS, don't buy it, but if you'd like to experience it, go ahead, I think you could enjoy it. In my opinion it's a great game, which is reflected on many reviews. It's very much not so the old NFS shite EA's been drivelling out over the past few years. It's a big improvement, and quite a few people think that :)

But I can tell you're a bit of a Forza fanboy anyway so you may just disreguard my whole post anyway. lol;)

Last edited:
forza 2 is hard to drift on because it is meant to be close to a racing sim, it has a physics engine close to that of real life (nowhere near as close as forza 3, but still very good) so the cars aren't slippy unless you set it up right.

Forza 3 though, that is sooooooo much fun to drift on, aswell as to drive properly on.

Back to NFS though, it does seem epic fail then, no track car would do that around every single bend, except for a drift car, but i doubt that every race on it is geared towards drifting specifically

How do you know how good Forza 3 is? Is it out yet? I thought it wasn't for 3 more weeks.

Aastii

VIP Member
It's just the way they've made the handling, I agree it's not very well implemented but it still feels good, a lot of efforts have been put into other area's of the game also in the area of handling, too many to even list really, But you notice them whilst playing.

If you dont like NFS, don't buy it, but if you'd like to experience it, go ahead, I think you could enjoy it. In my opinion it's a great game, which is reflected on many reviews. It's very much not so the old NFS shite EA's been drivelling out over the past few years. It's a big improvement, and quite a few people think that :)

But I can tell you're a bit of a Forza fanboy anyway so you may just disreguard my whole post anyway. lol;)

lol sorry for the multiple posts, didn't see this.

I have a friend that has it, i will try it at his, but I won't get it, NFS isn't my cup of tea anyway. And it isn't that i am a forza fanboy, Forza 2 is amazing, the demo is fantastic, but if the full game turns out to be crap i won't rid it out "because it is forza 3" i will admit it was hyped up so well and its predecesors were amazing and the first impressions were too, but the end result was crap.

If I were a fanboy, even if it sucked i would still say it is the best thing since sliced bread :p

I don't think I will enjoy NFS though tbh, I prefer games that are actually slightly real, the first proper racing game i got (bare in mind my age) was Le Mans 24 hour on PS2, because 1. It is endruance racing and 2. It was very realistic at the time.

From there I had stuff like the GT games, I had the FIA GT game on my very old, crap PC (celeron M, 512mb memory, integrated graphics ;) ), because it was realistic in the handling, i prefer realistic racing games to "lets let the back end kick out and the cars have stupid paint on them!!! "...that is why i didn't like GRID either.

Just saying, I don't hold high hopes for it

Aastii

VIP Member
Oh alright. Thanks

if you have an xbox, GO PLAY IT!! It is so so so good. forza 2 looked amazing and the physics and handling were so realistic, but on 3, the graphics are hugely better, the track it gives you is so detailed and you can feel every bump in it and the handling is out of this world, so realistic it is scary

Ill check it out now. I planned on buying it. It could only be better than forza 2 and i loved that. Till by hard drive fried and i lost everything on that game. I beat every single race even arcade.

linkin

VIP Member
BoomHeadshot.jpg

BOOM HEADSHOT

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
Ill check it out now. I planned on buying it. It could only be better than forza 2 and i loved that. Till by hard drive fried and i lost everything on that game. I beat every single race even arcade.

oh that sucks, i think at the moment i have a couple of races in each career to do then i have done it and i will then buy every car (acchievement ftw :p ) and then go onto arcade. If i finished most of it though and then went and lost it all i would just leave it, can't be arsed doing it all again, sucks to be you :p

linkin

VIP Member
It's a screenshot of me shooting addi mbantuwe in the face with a deagle in far cry 2. I'm guessing you can see the large red text.

It's paused at the exact moment where the blood spurt is coming out and the deagles' slide is ejecting the shell.

linkin

VIP Member
Some pics of my recently working hitman blood money:

HitmanBloodMoney2009-10-0901-50-26-.jpg

HitmanBloodMoney2009-10-0901-50-30-.jpg

HitmanBloodMoney2009-10-0901-52-32-.jpg

HitmanBloodMoney2009-10-0901-52-36-.jpg

HitmanBloodMoney2009-10-0901-48-56-.jpg

HitmanBloodMoney2009-10-0901-48-58-.jpg

All settings maxed with 8x AA, 16x AF, 1280x1024 resolution and very good framerates! I'm able to record videos with fraps and i get 30-35 FPS while recording so it's great!

Last edited: